As always, I'm glad to answer questions folks have and look forward to more questions coming my way.
Facebook - Tuesday Tips
- Jan. 7: Respond to Messages - An important tip that seems reasonable, but is often easily forgotten. You should always respond to replies and messages sent to your private message box of your page. It helps to engage your fans.
- Jan. 14: Engage Your Fans - Ask fans questions, respond to their questions/comments. Engage them. Engagement helps more people to see your posts.
- Jan. 21: Create Quality Content - Some pages focus on quantity of posts over quality. You want your posts to be shareable, so they need to be good. Focus on quality.
- Jan. 28: Optimize Post Times - Knowing what times to post is important for increasing the number of views your posts get.
- Jan. 8: Facebook Place - If you have a business with an established location, there's a chance that you may have a "Facebook Place" page already created and you should claim it from Facebook. Learn about Facebook Place in this article.
- Jan. 15: Algorithms and Social Media - This article explains the basics of how many of your fans see your posts and how engaging users affects this.
- Jan. 22: Sharability - This article explains why making posts interesting and something people want to share is important. TLDR version: if people don't share it, your post views won't increase.
- Jan. 28: Edge Rank - An outdated term that is no longer used by Facebook, but is still pertinent to the algorithms of vies for pages.
- Dec. 19: Finding the Create Page Button on Facebook - A common question I've had from friends and clients - where is the button to create a page? Three ways to find it in here.
- Dec. 26: Picking the Category for Your Facebook Page - A guide explaining the various categories and what they're for.
- Jan. 16: Creating a Page - This takes you through the initial process of creating a page.
- Jan. 23: Setting Your Page Cover Image - This one talks about how to set up a cover image for your page/profile.
Other Posts from January:
- Jan. 13: Important News: Name Change - An article explaining why the name of this blog changed from Facebook Marketing: Tips and Hints to Social Media Marketing: Hints and Tips.
- Jan. 17: Friday Facts: Interesting Statistics - This article links to a slideshow showing the mass immersion in various social media outlets and puts an emphasis on why marketing with Social Media is important.
- Jan. 20: Video: Why Facebook is Broken - An embedded video from a known YouTuber explaining how Facebook is broken when it comes to fans seeing pages' posts.
- Jan. 24: Friday Facts: Facebook Losing Users, Unappealing to Teens - While this article isn't surprising by any means, it does provide more information on how things are changing within social media.
Thanks for reading! Posts will continue to roll out this month and on-going. Please leave any comments, questions, etc. in the comment section below!