Friday, August 28, 2015
Each brand is different, but if you're a full time employee focused on Social Media, then Mark Smiciklas, digital strategist at intersectionconsulting.com, has a useful infographic for you showing how your 40-hour work week could be broken up. If you aren't spending 40 hours on social media, reduce accordingly.
I came across this nifty infographic on Pinterest. Check it out here: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/147422587779933692/
Wednesday, August 26, 2015
In a previous article, we talked about taking advantage of Twitter Lists. Today's word has to do with Lists. Listed is a word meaning the act of being added to a Twitter List. Lists are often arranged by creators depending on what you're posting about. I've been added to a number of social media and gaming lists because that is what I post the most about. I've also been added to a few author lists as well - since I'm an author, of course.
Twitter users create lists of various users they follow and are interested in in order to have all information based on certain content in a specific place for easy consumption. Some lists are public and other users can use them to find content as well.
As a brand, you may consider creating lists as well - perhaps grouping them into social influencers, users who praise your brand, etc.
Wednesday Words are a series of definitions released on Wednesday each week regarding a word found specific to Facebook's social media platform, or may be a generic word dealing with social media. These definitions are to help provide you with a better understanding of common and uncommon terms associated with Facebook and social media. You can find all the Wednesday Words by clicking on the Wednesday Words tag below.
Tuesday, August 25, 2015
Klout is a platform with which you can use to measure your amount of influence in the world of social media. It also gets you perks from various companies who are hoping by sending you items, you'll post about them and others will purchase them based on the fact you're influential.
Klout has changed a lot since it first started, but many things remain the same. For example, you didn't used to be able to post articles there or share your articles through Klout and now you can. You can also "grant" Klout to friends who are members of Klout in various topics - for example my main topics have been Gaming, Journalism, Social Media and Video Games for a while now. Some folks have other topics they have Klout in.
Learn more about Klout and how to share articles by visiting www.klout.com.
Tuesday Tips are a series of tips released on Tuesday each week regarding a hint or tip to help you manage and market your Facebook presence better. You can find all the Tuesday Tips by clicking on the Tuesday Tips tag below.
Monday, August 24, 2015
Don't worry! Each week (when I have time) I will be featuring 3-5 jobs currently available as of Monday. Additional sites will be linked at the very bottom of the article and listed as sources. Other sites may be listed as well.
Here are this week's job listings I found interesting:
Realtor.com is hiring a Social Media Editor in San Jose, CA
- Create, curate, and manage all published social media content including writing, images, and video on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram, and other social media outlets
- Work closely with the rest of the editorial team to promote their content on social media platforms on a daily news cycle, from breaking news to fun eye-candy features to in-depth housing trend analysis.
- Monitor, listen, and respond to users in an engaging way
- Identify opportunities for social-media-driven stories and work with the rest of the editorial team to create them
- Plan graphics (charts, illustrations, etc.) for use promoting stories
- Prepare weekly status reports on best/worst performing social media posts and campaigns
- Foster relationships with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and other social media outlets
- Identify emerging social media platforms that need to be jumped on and experimented with
- Contribute to and maintain an influencers’ database
- Minimum 3 years of experience with demonstrated success in social media strategies, community management, community building, and outreach
- Extensive knowledge of all social media platforms and tools. Must have a solid understanding of and previous experience with content, engagement, and conversion strategies
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to write with a given audience in mind about luxury homes, celebrity real estate, and market trends, keeping communication clear, concise, and—most importantly—engaging
- Must be flexible, with the ability to multi-task and adjust to changing priorities and timelines in a fast-paced work environment. Ability to work under tight deadlines with short turnarounds
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Self-starter, constantly thinking proactively and identifying new opportunities
- Project management and excellent organizational skills
- Experience creating multimedia pieces including graphics, pie charts, and infographics using programs such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator are a plus
An Optical Retailer is hiring a Social Media Manager in New York, NY
Not a lot of information on this gig is available, however they do have a telecommute policy.
The only information provided was: Leading optical retailer seeks PT social media manager. Blogger experience a plus. Flexible schedule and hours. Can work from home. Salary to commensurate with experience. Must provide sample of work. Will report directly to the COO. Experience with Facebook advertising a must.
To apply: http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/jobview.asp?joid=184057&page=1
The American Institute of Architects is looking for a Social Media Manager in Washington D.C.
- Social strategy and planning:
- Coordinate execution of an Institute-wide social media strategy to increase the Institute’s engagement efforts on behalf of its campaigns, initiatives, partners, and chapters/components.
- Coordinate with the Director, Publishing and Digital Content Managers to support the Institute’s digital and print publishing efforts.
- Consistently ensure the Institute is using the most cutting-edge technologies and tactics to communicate through social channels by staying abreast of technology developments, working as part of the digital transformation initiative.
- Adhere to a social media budget and participate in all related consultant engagements.
- Develop and maintain editorial calendars and evergreen content for Institute initiatives, events, and campaigns.
- Create content development process for integrating social and traditional content.
- Continually optimize content plans based on performance and testing.
- Leverage social data and analytics tools to report, resolve questions, and evaluate effectiveness of social media activities/content.
- Produce bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports on social media engagement.
- Oversee the day-to-day management of the Institute’s social communities.
- Work closely with the Institute and components to identify and implement opportunities and creative solutions for growing an online community.
- Create and implement live/real time community engagement strategies for Institute initiatives, events, and campaigns.
- Collaborate to include engagement priorities in projects and initiatives involving other digital properties (such as app development).
- Monitor market changes and emerging developments, issues, and best practices relating to social media use and community development working with the Digital Transformation team, as part of the digital transformation initiative.
- Seek out new, appropriate social media tools and practices.
- Participate in cross-functional teams and collaborate with AIA chapters/components and key stakeholders on Institute teams to create evocative social content.
- Monitor and comment on social media trends and application, acting as a spokesperson within the social media industry.
- Network with Institute chapter/component communications staff; provide training and resources to empower them to use social media on a more significant engagement level, leveraging the Component Communications Network.
- Provide social media training resources, guidelines, and policies to Institute staff and components.
- AIA Marketing and Communication Team Members
- Component Executives and Component Communications Network
- Partner Organizations
- AIA volunteer leadership and AIA members (in general)
- External Vendors
- Proficiency using social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, and others such as Hootsuite to achieve Institute goals.
- Ability to relate to online communities in an engaging, compelling way through social platforms and social content.
- Considerable knowledge of website strategies.
- Excellent editing, writing, research, organizational, and proofreading skills.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and familiarity with Web editing tools; experience using Web content management system (CMS) tools.
- Knowledge of SEO and use of metatags for better search results, Microsoft products (Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to meet and enforce tight deadlines.
- High degree of people management and development skills and demonstrated ability to work well with cross-departmental team.
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or related field plus 3-4 years of professional experience in social media management of multiple channels, including Executive Voice channel management along with a deep understanding of social media writing, promotion and interaction with partner organizations and membership. Experience managing staff, including one associate and external consultants for at least three years preferred. Experience in and/or a passion for architecture desired.
For more information: http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/jobview.asp?joid=184041&page=1
Grist is seeking a Social Media Manager in Seattle, WA
- Manage accounts across Grist’s social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Serve as the point person for the Grist social media community, identifying and engaging with readers and influencers as appropriate
- Track and report metrics and KPIs; monitor emerging social trends
- Partner with editorial, business development, fundraising, and product teams to bolster their efforts that extend into social media
- Aid and coach Grist staff in best practices and methods to enhance their reach on social media
- At least 2 years of social media experience, preferably with a background in journalism
- Ability to manage and interact with multiple online communities and audiences
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, juggle multiple priorities, manage to deadlines, and thrive under pressure
- Experience and comfort with technology, social media, and digital tools for journalism
- Facility with desktop writing tools and web technologies for newsgathering and publishing
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate good personal judgment, and exercise a commitment to ethical conduct toward sources, story subjects, and readers
- Excellent writing and communication skills, an eye for detail, and impeccable grammar.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, poise, tact, diplomacy, and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Excellent analytical and process improvement skills, with a practical orientation toward finding solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in journalism, communications, English or related fields
- Media Bistro Job Listings (note not all the jobs listed here are social media positions):http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/?c=stnav
- LinkedIn Social Media Job Listings: http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-manager-jobs and http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/j?keywords=socialmedia+manager or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-marketing-jobs or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-strategist-jobs
- CareerBuilder: http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Keyword/Social-Media-Manager/
- Indeed.com: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Social-media
- Simply Hired: http://www.simplyhired.com/k-social-media-jobs.html