Wednesday, April 22, 2015
Tsu is similar to Facebook in many ways in that after registering for the site, users may create a personal profile, add other users as friends, post status updates, post photos, receive notifications when others post updates or update their profiles, etc. However, unlike Facebook, Tsu embraces users as a product then sells data to advertisers, sharing the profits with the users as compensation.
When I first saw Tsu, it was in a statement saying you can get paid to post on social media - which I suppose is true if you have the time and energy to create and post content to Tsu as well as other social media. As mentioned above, you make your money off of Tsu by them sharing compensation they get from selling your data to advertisers.
Tsu is fairly easy to get into and set up. If you're interested in checking it out, visit www.tsu.co
Wednesday Words are a series of definitions released on Wednesday each week regarding a word found specific to Facebook's social media platform, or may be a generic word dealing with social media. These definitions are to help provide you with a better understanding of common and uncommon terms associated with Facebook and social media. You can find all the Wednesday Words by clicking on the Wednesday Words tag below.
Tuesday, April 21, 2015
“Quality trumps quantity. Pick one or two social media platforms, and devote yourself to learning about them and using them well.”As seen above, Joseph Cole encourages social media managers to focus on one or two social media platforms and learning them and using them well first before expanding into others.
Joseph Cole, Content Writer
Posted on Constant Contact Google+ Page
How do you decide which ones you should focus on? Well, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram are, by far, the largest and have shown the most impact. What you need to figure out is where your prospective clients are for your brand. Is your brand something that would attract the younger generation on Instagram and is easy to photograph and share via Instagram? If so, Instagram might be a good one. If not, you might look more towards Facebook and Twitter first then expanding to Google+ etc.
The most important question to answer before deciding is what purpose do you see social media providing to your company. Are you looking to increase sales, hire new people, increase engagement, or what? Once you know those answers you can focus on the quality aspect of social media marketing.
Tuesday Tips are a series of tips released on Tuesday each week regarding a hint or tip to help you manage and market your Facebook presence better. You can find all the Tuesday Tips by clicking on the Tuesday Tips tag below.
Monday, April 20, 2015
Don't worry! Each week (when I have time) I will be featuring 3-5 jobs currently available as of Monday. Additional sites will be linked at the very bottom of the article and listed as sources. Other sites may be listed as well.
Here are this week's job listings I found interesting:
FoodNetwork.con is hiring a Snapchat Discover Editor in New York, NY
This person will:
- Work closely with FoodNetwork.com’s Snapchat Discover team to create content daily while planning/strategizing calendar for upcoming content days-out
- Organize daily requests and projects from the digital team and ad sales
- Communicate with video lead and design lead to create the most-compelling content for the platform
- Organize and produce all editions within Snapchat Discover’s content management system
- Keep up with pop culture/food trends, competitors, and the digital media landscape
- Adopt a young, millennial-friendly voice for the platform
- Comfortable with a collaborative team environment
- Can both take direction and share original ideas
- At least five years as an editor
- A background in food
- Experience with content management systems and online production
- Copy editing experience a plus
For more information: http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/jobview.asp?joid=179329&page=1
Shutterstock is hiring a Social Media Manager in New York, NY
- Choose images, write copy and post all social updates on 8+ channels
- Oversee international social media, working with copywriting team in 5+ regions to expand and unify Shutterstock’s presence around the world
- Manage budget and vendors; guide social advertising strategy
- Support and lead social strategy for 5 different business units
- Monitor multiple streams, respond to mentions and escalate support cases
- Manage social analytics and regularly report on keyword tracking, channel growth, competitive analysis, etc.
- Attract and engage with potential customers and contributors on social
- Work with customer service to field inquiries and provide quick responses
- Expand Instagram, Pinterest and Google+ presences
- Evaluate new tools and look for new campaign opportunities within social
- Educate the company about social and best practices
- Stay current on industry and social media news, constantly testing new ideas
Social manager will represent social across the company, working with:
- Customer service team to establish social customer service
- Performance marketing team to escalate social ad / retargeting strategy
- Events team to increase social at Pixels Of Fury
- PR team to determine social comms plans for company announcements and to manage outage communications
- Content marketing team to share blog posts and increase the viral potential of upcoming branded content
- SEO team to increase SEO value through social (Tumblr, G+)
- International team to continue expanding global social presence
- Product team to conceptualize and push social product developments
- Contributor team to optimize community growth and support via social
- 3-5 years of relevant social media experience
- BA or BS degree in journalism, comms or a marketing-related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with social publishing and reporting platforms (Hootsuite, Buffer, SimplyMeasured or similar)
- Extremely detail-oriented
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline and results-driven environment
- Knowledge of photography and technology is a plus!
PhotoAssist, Inc., is hiring a Social Media Specialist in Washington, D.C.
- Develop and produce social media content from initial concept, through legal review, to distribution on the client's social media channels.
- Create and maintain digital content workflow.
- Create and adhere to editorial calendars and maintain editorial standards of quality and accuracy.
- When appropriate, conduct research and interviews and write stories for the client's blog that engage and educate the audience.
- Edit and proofread blog posts written by others.
- Maintain consistent voice and tone of content to fulfill editorial strategy.
- Engage with the public through social media channels on a daily basis and respond to reader comments and questions. Refer non-routine comments and questions to client for consideration and response.
- Coordinate with the client's social media team to develop and implement high-profile and/or long-term social media outreach campaigns
- Meet with client's social media team weekly, either by phone or (preferably) at their D.C. office.
- Attend client events in D.C., Maryland, and Virginia for live social media coverage as needed.
- Excellent editing, writing, and verbal communication skills. Ability to multitask with overlapping assignments, multiple deadlines, and shifting priorities. Attention to detail a must.
- Proficiency in using social media platforms. Experience using basic social media management tools, especially HootSuite, Tweetdeck, Buffer, native analytics tools, and others, a plus.
- A bachelor's degree in English, communications, new media, journalism, marketing, or related field or five years of experience working as part of a digital publishing team. At least three years of writing and editing experience in a social media or other communications environment desired.
- Media Bistro Job Listings (note not all the jobs listed here are social media positions):http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/?c=stnav
- LinkedIn Social Media Job Listings: http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-manager-jobs and http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/j?keywords=socialmedia+manager or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-marketing-jobs or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-strategist-jobs
- CareerBuilder: http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Keyword/Social-Media-Manager/
- Indeed.com: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Social-media
- Simply Hired: http://www.simplyhired.com/k-social-media-jobs.html