Wednesday, August 27, 2014
This is where creative commons can come into play and is very handy for anyone that needs to create graphics - not just for social media. A non-profit organization, Creative Commons is dedicated to make it easier for people to share and build upon others' work while following copyright rules and regulations.
Creative Commons provides free licenses as well as other legal tools, to mark creative work with the freedom the creator wants their work to carry. This allows others to share, remix, potentially use commercially (based on the license) or any number of these things to be used together.
There are a few other sites similar to this, including http://www.sxc.hu which has both free images that have various licensing rights as well as paid use images.
If you are looking images to use, whether it be for inspirational quotes, top 10 lists, or whatever floats your boat, check out Creative Commons and SXC. They may have what you need. Or you can try to take your own pictures and go from there.
Wednesday Words are a series of definitions released on Wednesday each week regarding a word found specific to Facebook's social media platform, or may be a generic word dealing with social media. These definitions are to help provide you with a better understanding of common and uncommon terms associated with Facebook and social media. You can find all the Wednesday Words by clicking on the Wednesday Words tag below.
Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Twitter users can create, follow lists you or others have created, subscribe to lists or check Twitter Lists as you go about your day. Twitter lists are used to create an easy way to find people and posts of similar interests. If you are added to a list, you will get a Twitter notification that you've been added to someone's list along with who's list it is and what the list was for.
Personally, I've been added to Gaming, Ultima Online and Social Media Marketing lists because of the variety of things I post about.
Later this week, we'll have a Thursday Tutorial for how to create lists for yourself.
But I'm sure you're asking: what are lists for?
Well other than allowing you to easily follow postings on various topics, it allows you to easily find said posts and retweet them. As you may recall, I strongly encourage folks to not only tweet, but retweet posts that would be of interest not only to you, but to your followers. For example, I often retweet posts about social media when I find some that I think people who follow me would find useful - even if I don't necessarily follow the person who posted it - lists help with that.
If you haven't tried lists yet, there's no better time than now. Good luck!
Tuesday Tips are a series of tips released on Tuesday each week regarding a hint or tip to help you manage and market your Facebook presence better. You can find all the Tuesday Tips by clicking on the Tuesday Tips tag below.
Monday, August 25, 2014
Don't worry! Each week (when I have time) I will be featuring 3-5 jobs currently available as of Monday. Additional sites will be linked at the very bottom of the article and listed as sources. Other sites may be listed as well.
Northwestern University is seeking a Social Media Manager, Kellogg School of Management in Evanston, IL.
The Social Media Manager is responsible for developing and implementing Kellogg School’s social media strategies and marketing plans. He/she oversees Kellogg School social media activities, monitors and evaluates our online presence, and advises leadership on the effective use of social media for various developing and enforcing policies, introducing and refining processes, and evaluating tools and software. The Social Media Manager works with marketing and communication directors to incorporate social media into their broader plans. He/she works with the Kellogg community manager and content producers to help guide content creation and versioning, develop influencer strategies, and formulate test plans to optimize performance. Reports to Director of Content Strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications or comparable field.
- Six or more years’ experience in digital marketing, ideally in an integrated marketing environment
- Strategic thinker who can develop and manage strategies for multiple stakeholders
- Excellent communicator with editorial skills. Practiced at writing for web and social channels.
- Proficiency working with popular social media platforms and tools.
- Analytical skills to measure social media impact and determine actionable insights.
- Track record of implementing governance across a large, complex organization.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and enthusiastic.
For more information: http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/jobview.asp?joid=170381&c=jfbatl
Sk+g is seeking a Social Media Specialist in Las Vegas.
Ideal candidate who can hit the ground running with content and who can write web-specific (and who can write about a specialized trade company).
Must be skilled at writing for web, blogs and social media
Must be able to meet tight deadlines and turn around work with quick response times
Must be extremely detail oriented
- Knowledge of SEO optimization
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Adobe Photoshop
- Knowledge of social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google+ is a must
- 3+ years prior or equivalent experience
- Social media analytics and reporting
- Light HTML coding
- Background in transportation and/or app-based industries
For more information: https://www.creativemovers.com/job-post?jid=353
The Economist Group is seeking a Social Media & Community Management Associate in New York City.
The Social Media & Community Management Associate will assist in managing two robust online communities that are focused on GMAT test prep. Other responsibilities include executing Which MBA’s social media strategy across our Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, GooglePlus and blog channels as well as helping to oversee the launch of an online community the team is developing.
The position is ideal for someone who has experience tutoring others in English, math or test prep. An interest in the business school world is a plus.
The assignment will require excellent written communication skills, exemplary command of grammar, a love of writing and knowledge of online community management. Organization and attention to detail is a must.
- Posting on online GMAT/MBA forums and meaningfully interacting with others on the sites
- Creating and posting engaging content for forums, social media pages and blog
- Assisting in launching and overseeing Which MBA’s community site
For more information: http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/jobview.asp?joid=170323&c=jfbatl
- Media Bistro Job Listings (note not all the jobs listed here are social media positions):http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/?c=stnav
- LinkedIn Social Media Job Listings: http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-manager-jobs and http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/j?keywords=socialmedia+manager or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-marketing-jobs or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-strategist-jobs
- CareerBuilder: http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Keyword/Social-Media-Manager/
- Indeed.com: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Social-media
- Simply Hired: http://www.simplyhired.com/k-social-media-jobs.html