Wednesday, March 11, 2015
As of this year (2015) Facebook is actively working against Clickbait articles, trying to have an algorithm to where they don't appear as high in feeds when shared by folks and the origial poster. I applaud Facebook for taking steps to exterminate clickbaiting.
If you are considering sharing clickbait articles, please don't. It's annoying and only makes people distrust you and your brand. Create unique, intriguing article headlines that attract people rather than creating a lie to draw them to your page and website.
Wednesday Words are a series of definitions released on Wednesday each week regarding a word found specific to Facebook's social media platform, or may be a generic word dealing with social media. These definitions are to help provide you with a better understanding of common and uncommon terms associated with Facebook and social media. You can find all the Wednesday Words by clicking on the Wednesday Words tag below.
Tuesday, March 10, 2015
According to Facebook, advertising to current fans will increase you reach by 3-to-5 times what your fanbase is. I'm not sure if this stat is still accurate, but it would definitely be interesting to see.
Tuesday Tips are a series of tips released on Tuesday each week regarding a hint or tip to help you manage and market your Facebook presence better. You can find all the Tuesday Tips by clicking on the Tuesday Tips tag below.
Monday, March 9, 2015
Don't worry! Each week (when I have time) I will be featuring 3-5 jobs currently available as of Monday. Additional sites will be linked at the very bottom of the article and listed as sources. Other sites may be listed as well.
I got a little behind on getting this written so instead of putting the description with the jobs, I'm just linking a number of jobs for you to check out.
Here are this week's job listings I found interesting:
The Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is hiring a Full-Time Social Media Manager in Bethesda, MD.
- Creating, curating and editing fresh, dynamic and engaging content for our social communities
- Developing compelling digital campaigns
- Designing eye-catching visual content and social media graphics including backgrounds, profile images and cover images
- Advising and coaching internal staff on social media strategy for organizational initiatives
- Reporting, analyzing and interpreting social media analytics to guide strategy and implementation of social media campaigns
- Working closely with the web and social media team on daily execution of strategy on multiple digital channels
The successful candidate will be creative, forward-thinking, resourceful, adaptable, and have a positive attitude and strong work ethic. Must have a bachelor’s degree in communications, digital marketing, journalism or a related field and 7-9 years of experience in communications and/or social media management for a large organization.
Social media community management systems such as Hootsuite, social media analytics, Photoshop required; familiarity with Google Analytics.
Outstanding writing, verbal and interpersonal skills. Strong project management skills.
For more information: http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/jobview.asp?joid=177530&page=1
Mediacom is looking for a Director of Social Media in New York, NY
- Develop social strategies (both organic & paid) plans and presentations.
- Define, develop and deploy social media programs and best practices.
- Manage all social media related client communication, client deliverables, project timelines and reporting
- Proven ability to champion social media to multiple stakeholders: clients, client legal teams, planning team, digital team and outside agencies/partners.
- Track competitive intelligence, deliver competitive analysis and identify trends.
- Establish proper metrics of measurement for each client campaign.
- Provide insights and analysis around program performance.
- Prioritize projects based upon a solid business case and determine guidelines for evaluating benefits and risks for certain Social Media engagements.
- Ensure all Social media strategies and tactics support client objectives.
- Lead in writing agency POVs and case studies.
- Develop scopes of work.
- Coordinate with media planning teams and partner agency contacts.
- Find opportunities for incremental account growth.
- Nurture and strengthen client's understanding of the space.
- Train and educate staff.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Hungry, never say die attitude, proven leader
- 8-10 years of agency side experience
- Strong understanding of the social and digital space. Conversant with current/evolving Social Media strategies, measurement tools/ technologies and knowledge of social media marketing industry benchmarks
- Established relationships with Facebook/Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Tumblr and other social media organizations
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem solving abilities
- Strong experience in marketing Fortune 500 brands
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to make complex concepts simple and actionable
- Ability to coordinate with multiple internal stakeholders
For more information: http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/jobview.asp?joid=177576&page=1
Mediacom is hiring Social Media Editor in New York, NY
- Research, develop and manage content, including story ideation and copywriting based upon strategic direction, for our clients’ online communities, press releases, web articles and video blogs.
- Work with designer to create visual “micro-content”.
- Concept ideas based upon client brief.
- Partner with designer to find and use visual assets to support posts.
- Find opportunities to sell in new, innovative creative ideas.
- Work with senior team members to recommend technology vendors, as required.
- Craft Point of View (POV) documents for current media tools/trends.
- Build and manage the work flow process for approving content.
- Establish social content marketing best practices and manage social content KPIs
- Creative, independent person who digs cool work.
- Knowledgeable in the social space, understand what’s going on with social and key platforms such as: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, Foursquare, Vine, etc. to consistently meet tight deadlines
- 1-2 years of agency side experience required.
- Must be comfortable talking and presenting to clients.
- Strong writing skills: concise, detailed, and organized.
- Attention to detail and timelines are critical.
- Solid experience using Microsoft office products, including heavy use of Excel.
- Aptitude for measurement and analysis.
For more information: http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/jobview.asp?joid=177577&page=1
USAA is hiring a Social Media Intern in San Antonio, TX
- Acquires and applies basic knowledge of the line of business (LOB), its products and processes. Considers appropriate LOB process technology integration approaches to mitigate risk.
- Provides consultation and advice to P&C executive leadership on social strategies focused on P&C talk and its corresponding promotion via social networks.
- Conducts research and acts as focal point on emerging trends, technologies and platforms in employee/employer interaction and communication. May develop executive level presentations.
- Gathers employee feedback, analyzes data trends and develops work products designed to increase and maintain employee/leadership engagement in social media platforms.
- Basic knowledge of relevant industry practices and trends.
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and/or Access.
- Data Analysis Tools; and any other applicable Internal/External System.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Social Media Marketing, Social Media Management or Digital and Social Media or related field of study.
For more information: https://search.usaajobs.com/en-US/Job-Details/Intern-Social-Media-Job/San-Antonio-TX/xjdp-jf839-ct104385-jid41393069?s_cid=SH
- Media Bistro Job Listings (note not all the jobs listed here are social media positions):http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/?c=stnav
- LinkedIn Social Media Job Listings: http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-manager-jobs and http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/j?keywords=socialmedia+manager or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-marketing-jobs or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-strategist-jobs
- CareerBuilder: http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Keyword/Social-Media-Manager/
- Indeed.com: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Social-media
- Simply Hired: http://www.simplyhired.com/k-social-media-jobs.html