Wednesday, March 18, 2015
That's what today's word is: Viral Marketing. Viral Marketing is a risky technique where marketers hope that users share the information to each other repeatedly leading to wide coverage and interest.
Unfortunately, there is no sure fire way to create a "viral video or "make something go viral." How viral something will be is impossible to predict. Basically it comes down to something that strikes a chord with someone and it gets shared, it strikes a chord with others, shared and goes from there.
It is definitely a risky marketing technique, especially if you invest thousands of dollars into creating a video that you expect to go viral and it doesn't.
So if you're looking into viral marketing, just remember, it's not a guarantee of marketing success.
Wednesday Words are a series of definitions released on Wednesday each week regarding a word found specific to Facebook's social media platform, or may be a generic word dealing with social media. These definitions are to help provide you with a better understanding of common and uncommon terms associated with Facebook and social media. You can find all the Wednesday Words by clicking on the Wednesday Words tag below.
Tuesday, March 17, 2015
The next few weeks topics will be talking about paid advertising with Facebook, the various things you can do, various audiences to target and why to do so. There are mixed feelings from many folks as to whether or not you should pay Facebook for advertising.
Ultimately, Facebook is a free service and you get what you put into it for marketing. Many people thought marketing would be free, but Facebook saw it as a way to monetize their system and, let's be honest, it's a reasonable expectation to pay if you're going to be promoting your company for free outside of your promoted posts via Facebook.
There are many theories behind what happens when you pay for advertising that I don't intend to go into in my posts, but I will share them on Fridays and Saturdays which are reserved for sharing articles from other social media blogs and sites.
Do you have any experience with advertising on Facebook or other social media sites? Would you be interested in guest blogging? If so, contact me via Facebook PM here.
Tuesday Tips are a series of tips released on Tuesday each week regarding a hint or tip to help you manage and market your Facebook presence better. You can find all the Tuesday Tips by clicking on the Tuesday Tips tag below.
Monday, March 16, 2015
Don't worry! Each week (when I have time) I will be featuring 3-5 jobs currently available as of Monday. Additional sites will be linked at the very bottom of the article and listed as sources. Other sites may be listed as well.
Here are this week's job listings I found interesting:
emotion studios, inc., is hiring a Social Media Strategist in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Work directly with Director of Account Services, Chief Creative Director and Project Producers to develop strategy, design social media rollout plans as well as implementation and execution of components of the social media plan
- Supervise the scheduling and publishing of campaign content, and monitor and engage in conversations in communities, including Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube
- Gathering and distributing product feedback to inform teams across client organizations
- Create daily/weekly content for social media platforms across campaign specific social media pages
- Develop social media initiatives that incrementally improve client community size and engagement month-to-month
- Lead day-to-day social media activities with each campaign from concept and research through implementation
- Collaborate with client social media, communications, marketing, sales and other key channels to develop social strategies that align with and support the core goals of individual client stakeholders and brand
- Educate on emotion studios’ social policy and best practices, and provide training to employees who need assistance with social media presence
- Measure and optimize content based on analytics
- Act as a thought leader and advocate for social media by helping teams across the organization with social media inquiries
- Responsible for client competitor monitoring and on-going analytical report including but not limited to, campaigns, tactics, content direction, contests, etc.
- 5+ years' experience required in social media and digital marketing
- Experience developing strategic social media platforms as well as planning for, implementing and interpreting the collection of performance metrics
- Experience working with or interacting with established social media teams
- Demonstrated strong team building and leadership capabilities
- Experience managing Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Vine and YouTube accounts
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and strong editing skills
- Creativity with an eye for best practices in social media platform design
- Track record of performance excellence planning, developing and managing projects and multiple work streams
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including a proven ability to work across different audiences, personalities, and experience levels
- Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline preferred
- Analytical experience using a wide variety of analytic tools, e.g. Radian 6, HootSuite, Sprinklr, Google Analytics
- Abilities in social platform development and rollout, including content publishing calendars and tools such as Hubspot, etc.
- Proven experience in managing projects and deliverables to strict deadlines
For more information: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/46826959?trk=jserp_job_details_text
Hello Innovation is hiring a Social Media Strategist in Detroit
- Plan and execute engagement and lead driven social media strategies
- Provide strategic planning, support and recommendations to include social media as an important element of marketing programs
- Collaborate with our Marketing and Creative teams to ensure the branding/voice of all our social media outlets are cohesive with other channels and initiatives
- Develop best in class social experiences with the help of cross-functional teams
- Create programs that leverage earned, owned and paid media
- Leverage social media analytics to optimize campaigns and provide clear recommendations on how to further grow engagement and increase leads via social media
- Develop and manage vendor relationships to grow social reach, engagement and conversion
- Constantly keep up with industry and social media trends
- Educate team around the implementation of new social media tactics and technologies
- Document and streamline social media workflows and guidelines
- Manage social media deliverables, timelines, and budgets
- Work with Marketing team to plan and execute content / editorial calendars
- Brainstorm, draft and post content for our portfolio of businesses’ social channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube and Google+
- Moderate channels and act as a brand ambassador by interacting with customers and fans on social communities in an authentic, genuine and human way
- Identify, document and build relationships with key influencers to generate brand exposure, interaction, and leads via advocates and fans
- Work with Marketing and Creative teams to plan and manage the production of social media content
- Focus on ROI and continual optimization and improvement of social activity
- handing off to sales, customer support, HR etc.
- Expertise in social media strategies, technologies, platforms, services and measurement techniques (3+ years)
- Demonstrated experience creating and executing a social media strategy that builds fan base, increases engagement and drives conversion
- Analytical-minded and well-versed with social analytical tools and reporting
- Strong copywriting skills leveraging SEO / SMO techniques
- Extensive experience in social media copywriting & community management
- Must be a “self-starter” with the ability to excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with minimal supervision
F\or more information: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/48292801?trk=jserp_job_details_text
Northeastern University is looking for a Social Media Strategist in Boston
The Social Media Strategist is responsible for the development and implementation of a social media plan for Northeastern University. S/he should be adept at data analysis, iterating the plan regularly so that it most effectively enhances the brand, emphasizes organizational messaging, and deepens relationships and engagement with key audiences.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, communications, journalism, technical writing, new media or other related field
- Four to six years experience in a communications and/or marketing position managing social media accounts and campaigns
- Experience working in higher education, a large non-profit/public organization or advertising agency preferred, but not required
- The ideal candidate will have an appreciation and understanding that the social media ecosystem is evolving, and he/she is driven to stay abreast of the latest trends and best practices. Experience with social media tools such as Radian 6, Hootsuite, Buffer, etc is expected.
- Technical savvy and experience with web content management systems is required.
- Outstanding writing, English grammar, and spelling for the purpose of composing outwardly facing communications are a must.
- Strong project management skills and a high attention to detail is necessary to manage a diverse array of projects at any given time. S/he will follow through on tasks and instructions with minimal management and will take responsibility for his/her work. A positive attitude and sense of humor is needed.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team, including the ability to manage multiple projects effectively and at a fast pace in a deadline-driven environment.
- Must be available for frequent night and weekend work.
For more information: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/50832513?trk=jserp_job_details_text
- Media Bistro Job Listings (note not all the jobs listed here are social media positions):http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/?c=stnav
- LinkedIn Social Media Job Listings: http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-manager-jobs and http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/j?keywords=socialmedia+manager or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-marketing-jobs or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-strategist-jobs
- CareerBuilder: http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Keyword/Social-Media-Manager/
- Indeed.com: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Social-media
- Simply Hired: http://www.simplyhired.com/k-social-media-jobs.html