Saturday, January 17, 2015
As we've discussed several times on this blog, having a social media plan, or strategy, in place is important to furthering the goals of your brand/company. A lot of the tips she discusses are things we've discussed here, in our Tuesday tips, but she provides a little different insight on each one. She also talks about a 70-30 mix, which is something I guess I didn't really think about, but sorta do for several sites I run social media for.
Either way, the article is very well written. Check it out by clicking either of the links below.
Full article: http://rebekahradice.com/creating-winning-social-media-strategy/
Friday, January 16, 2015
Both the article and the infographic provide some useful insights to consider when working on your social media marketing strategy.
Check them out here:
Full Article: http://www.bitrebels.com/social/21-social-media-marketing-strategies-infographic/
Thursday, January 15, 2015
Adding the apps is incredibly easy. To add apps, go to the page you want. At the top of the page, click settings.
That page will load into your generic settings page as seen below:
From there, click on the Apps tab in the left column, which will load this page.
From there, just click on the Add App buttons and it will install them. You can then alter your settings from that menu as once installed, each app will have a settings button you can click on that will pop up a mini window to edit the settings.
If you find other apps on Facebook you want to add to your page, visit the apps official Facebook page, then click on the ... near the Liked Button. From that menu, select "Add App to Page" then select the page you want to add it to. Pretty easy.
Thursday Tutorials are a series of tutorials designed to help people who may not be as Facebook savvy as other people. Some tutorials will be targeted towards newbies to the social media world, others will include tutorials for more advanced users. Thursday Tutorials are written for the layman and are designed with everyone in mind. You can find all the Thursday Tutorials by clicking on the Thursday Tutorials tag below.
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
Social influencers are individuals who have acquired a loyal audience of social media followers who respect and trust their opinions. These influencers often spend time creating and sharing content on subjects they are knowledgeable about with their followers. Some of the Twitch streamers have become social influencers because of the content they put out - whether it be game reviews, Let's Play or whatever - and then brands use them to spread messages.
Social influencers are important to brands because people trust influencers over brands because of their authenticity. Most social influencers are very effective at spreading online messages to their followers who then share them with others.
Social influencers often share posts from others, helping them to become influencers as well, which is great in the social media networking web.
Wednesday Words are a series of definitions released on Wednesday each week regarding a word found specific to Facebook's social media platform, or may be a generic word dealing with social media. These definitions are to help provide you with a better understanding of common and uncommon terms associated with Facebook and social media. You can find all the Wednesday Words by clicking on the Wednesday Words tag below.
Tuesday, January 13, 2015
The next article is "Facebook Changes You Need to Know for 2015" on Business 2 Community. This article provides changes to pages, including the fact Facebook no longer wants "Promotional (Sales-y) Updates/Posts" as well as getting rid of the "Like Gate". The article also covers a new "call to action" button that will be available to pages this year.
Kim Komando's site also offers an article titled "3 big Facebook changes coming in 2015" which covers the fact (similar to above) that promotion posts won't show up in fan's feeds, the updated Facebook SEO as well as the "Like Gate" removal covered in the above article.
Finally, one of my favorite sites, Social Media Examiner, has a few articles to look at, including "New Facebook Terms: What Marketers Need to Know" and "New Facebook Terms: What Marketers Need to Know". Both of these articles are extremely insightful to the new changes coming (or already here) on Facebook.
If I see any other articles before next Tuesday, or down the road, I will use Tuesday Tips to link to them to help social media marketers read as much as they can about the upcoming changes.
If you know of any articles that may be useful, feel free to send them to me via private message on Facebook on our Facebook page or leave them as a reply in the comment section.
Tuesday Tips are a series of tips released on Tuesday each week regarding a hint or tip to help you manage and market your Facebook presence better. You can find all the Tuesday Tips by clicking on the Tuesday Tips tag below.
Monday, January 12, 2015
Don't worry! Each week (when I have time) I will be featuring 3-5 jobs currently available as of Monday. Additional sites will be linked at the very bottom of the article and listed as sources. Other sites may be listed as well.
Here are this week's job listings I found interesting:
Consumer Reports is looking for a Director of Social Media in Yonkers, N.Y.
- Direct social media strategy with the goals of engaging consumers, providing them with compelling content, maximizing impact of key organizational moments, cultivating an online corporate voice, and driving brand awareness.
- Work closely with the Human Resources on organization-wide training efforts to elevate staff members’ social media literacy. Instill social media best practices company wide.
- Develop content-specific communications plans, identifying optimal influencers, channels, and messaging.
- Implement and leverage listening framework and platforms for behavior and sentiment analysis and brand perception
- Establish benchmarks for success and measure progress against them.
- Be a bountiful source of consumer insights to the company.
- Identify key influencers in social channels, build relationships and develop plans to optimize content in specific areas of focus.
- Partner with other communications professionals on high impact moments that offer opportunities to strengthen our brand.
- Establish a clear channel of communication with content leaders to develop insight and optimize content; make recommendations on content for use in social media.
- Identifies, evaluations and recommends new social media outlets and opportunities.
- Manage social media communications staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or experience equivalent in communications or related field.
- A minimum of 10 years of communications experience with a demonstrated expertise in developing and delivering social media strategy.
- A proven track record of having organized and managed social media strategically and successfully at a company of similar size.
- Advanced knowledge of existing social media channels with an active interest in emerging platforms.
- Familiarity with Social Media technologies such as Sprinklr, Radian6, bit.ly
- Exceptional communications and project management skills.
- Demonstrated success developing and delivering corporate brand and voice to key audiences
For more information: http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/jobview.asp?joid=175352&c=jfbatl
Cynthia Rowley is looking for a Social Media/Community Manager in New York, N.Y.
- Manage all social media platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest) from content creation to implementation and reporting.
- Identify and create programs and promotions to grow membership and engagement within the social media and community space that align with the brand objectives.
- Act as the Cynthia Rowley’s community manager, responding to and engaging fans in conversation.
- Partner with PR, E-commerce and creative teams to implement social media campaigns.
- Manage calendars and project execution.
- Partner with Cynthia Rowley brand vendors to coordinate social media outreach, content and campaigns.
- Manage reporting to quantify and qualify effectiveness of interactive campaigns.
- Collaborate and maintain close relationships with traffic organization to maximize reach of social media efforts and fan acquisition investments.
- Work across departments to ensure alignment of all initiatives across all channels (PR, E-commerce, Design, Retail and Wholesale).
- Ability to analyze data and use customer research, data and metrics to back up assumptions, identify opportunities, and assess the efficacy of marketing programs.
- Ability to drive engagement and conversion.
- Are always signing up for new social networks and figuring out ways to engage in new channels.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to conceptualize and execute projects, with strong bias for action and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of and passion for fashion industry.
- Assist PR team on various tasks: events, editorial requests, etc.
For more information: http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/jobview.asp?joid=175005&c=jfbatl
Panera Bread is looking for a Social Media Coordinator in St. Louis, MO
- Engages online community and proactively responds to brand related conversations to build personal relationships with community members
- Utilizing social listening tools to understand current conversations about Panera and how it can create new social opportunities
- Monitoring ongoing social and cultural conversation to identify and implement “real time” opportunities to amplify Panera’s voice
- Working with agency partners to develop and execute social media campaigns in support of brand and marketing initiatives
- Working cross functionally with PR, social media team to develop social media campaigns and ideas
- Developing monthly social creative content brief and implementing with the assistance of internal team and agency partners
- The ideal candidate will possess 1-2 years of experience within a social media team for a brand or agency
- Experiencing managing consumer facing conversations, leveraging social media
- Experience integrating social media efforts into broader media and marketing strategies
- Experience developing content for social media channels
For more information: https://panerabread.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=05094&lang=en
Scott & White Health care are seeking a Social Media and Web Content Manager in Temple, TX
- Assist director to provide and direct overall web content strategy for the organization
- Based on this strategy, create effective content targeted to identified audiences
- Establish a work plan and content mining strategy to make sure that all SWHP web content is current and updated on a regular basis
- Effectively update and modify content for search engine optimization
- Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including, but not limited to, curate relevant content to reach identified audiences, write editorial content, monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs and compile monthly reports showing results
- Advocate for SWHP in social media spaces, engage in dialogues and answer questions where appropriate
- Implement a proactive strategy for capturing member online reviews; monitor online ratings and respond accordingly
- Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding SHWP, report to appropriate management.
- Perform other position appropriate duties as required in a competent, professional and courteous manner
- Professional experience writing content for the websites - functional understanding of html, flash, CSS and dynamic websites
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of search engine optimization
- Demonstrate creativity and documented immersion in social media
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Google+Local, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios
- Demonstrates winning online community management techniques
- Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues
- Working knowledge of the blogosphere relevant to the healthcare field
- Possesses strong foundation in digital marketing analytics, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically success of various search engine optimization and social media tactics through benchmarking and ongoing measurement
- Excellent writing and language skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a high-level of independence.
- Media Bistro Job Listings (note not all the jobs listed here are social media positions):http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/?c=stnav
- LinkedIn Social Media Job Listings: http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-manager-jobs and http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/j?keywords=socialmedia+manager or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-marketing-jobs or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-strategist-jobs
- CareerBuilder: http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Keyword/Social-Media-Manager/
- Indeed.com: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Social-media
- Simply Hired: http://www.simplyhired.com/k-social-media-jobs.html