Friday, September 25, 2015
For example, did you know, according to Chartbeat, late afternoon and evening is the best time to share things to get interaction from users?
Or, another example, Instagram users are more engaging than Facebook and Twitter users.
And ramp up your video team - surveys show social media marketing is ramping up in YouTube, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Read all the details on these facts and seven more in the article here: http://thenextweb.com/socialmedia/2015/07/09/10-of-the-latest-surprising-and-revealing-studies-on-social-media/?utm_content=bufferc2af2&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Wednesday, September 23, 2015
That being said MySpace is another social media platform, similar in many ways to Facebook, but was known for users being able to completely customize their profiles and be unique from other users profiles. It was the most popular social networking site until Facebook took over.
All of that said, MySpace is still around and you can check it out by visiting www.myspace.com.
Wednesday Words are a series of definitions released on Wednesday each week regarding a word found specific to Facebook's social media platform, or may be a generic word dealing with social media. These definitions are to help provide you with a better understanding of common and uncommon terms associated with Facebook and social media. You can find all the Wednesday Words by clicking on the Wednesday Words tag below.
Tuesday, September 22, 2015
- Define your goals.
Understand exactly what you want to accomplish with your social media plan. Are you looking to drive sales? Are you looking to drive hits to your website? Are you looking to gain more followers? Knowing your goals is an important first step in creating any plan of action.
- Define your metrics.
Once you have your goals in place, you have to be able to measure them. What will you be looking at to know if your plan was successful? Will you be looking at conversions, click-throughs, increase in purchases/followers? Know what you will be looking at to define your metrics.
- Decide your tactics.
Know what actions you will take on a regular basis that will help you achieve your goals. Have a plan in place if those actions don't help you.
- Execute your plan.
Keep an eye on your metrics and redefine your plan as necessary to achieve your goals.
The basics of this blog post came from this infographic on Pinterest. For more details on how to create a social media plan/strategy, check it out here: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/161214861638319635/
Tuesday Tips are a series of tips released on Tuesday each week regarding a hint or tip to help you manage and market your social media presence better. You can find all the Tuesday Tips by clicking on the Tuesday Tips tag below.
Monday, September 21, 2015
Don't worry! Each week (when I have time) I will be featuring 3-5 jobs currently available as of Monday. Additional sites will be linked at the very bottom of the article and listed as sources. Other sites may be listed as well.
Here are this week's job listings I found interesting:
Capital One is hiring a Senior Manager Social Media Brand Strategy in McLean, VA
- Own the social media brand strategy for US Card, Retail Bank, and Commercial Bank
- Drive strategy, content and campaigns for these LOBs across Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Tumblr etc.
- Develop a pipeline of go-to-market campaigns for our business lines in support of line of business objectives
- Lead the integration of our marketing communications efforts into social media
- Oversee the creative marketing process, including day-to-day management of agencies and budget
- Define the social media customer experience and ensure that it meets the needs of our target consumers and lives up to our Brand promise
- Develop Customer management strategies to engage, service and deepen Customer relationships on our social platforms
- Determine metrics of success and assess effectiveness of social marketing initiatives and investments; influence investment decision makers with formal recommendations and informal networking.
- Manage a team of 3-5 direct reports
- And more
- Bachelors Degree or Military Experience
- At least 8 years of experience in marketing consumer products/services with heavy emphasis on digital OR at least 8 years of experience in marketing small business products/services with heavy emphasis on digital
- At least 3 years of social media marketing experience, including management of paid social campaigns
- At least 5 years of experience in Supervisory and team leading
- MBA in Marketing and Strategy from a Top 10 business school
- Management Consulting work experience
- Fortune 500 Brand experience
- Experience analyzing, planning, and executing social media campaigns
ChartLogic is hiring a Communications and Social Media Coordinator
- Create, maintain and evolve social media presence (Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, others).
- Contribute to corporate weblog and other blogging sites as well as literature, eBooks, whitepapers, reference materials, PowerPoint slide decks, advertisements and varying types of rich media and videos.
- Maximize opportunities for third-party content syndication (partners, directories, groups, etc.).
- Assist with targeted email campaigns and lead nurturing programs using marketing automation and/or CRM platform.
- Work with key stakeholders in Sales and Operations to gain critical insights and input on user personas, workflows and journey paths.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business administration or journalism.
- One year Internet and digital marketing experience (internship and/or professional).
- Knowledge of SaaS-based business models.
- Intimate familiarity with social media platforms.
- Extremely strong copywriting, editing and proofreading skills.
- Expert level of proficiency with core Microsoft Office applications (specifically, Word and PowerPoint).
- Experience in sales, business development, account management or customer service helps.
- Graphic design/mixed media skills (i.e., proficiency with Adobe Creative suite applications, specifically, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Fireworks and Flash) would be useful.
Credit Karma is hiring a Director of Social Media & Community in San Francisco
- Spearhead Credit Karma’s social media and community strategies.
- Develop innovative social media campaigns aimed at increasing positive brand awareness, amplifying key product launches, and supporting new content initiatives.
- Develop strategies to maximize social sharing of Credit Karma content.
- Develop creative Community campaigns, focusing on User Generated Content, on- and offline events and education.
- Monitor and activate Credit Karma’s biggest online influencers and enthusiasts.
- Manage a team of social media and community addicts who are passionate about Credit Karma’s mission to help people take control of their financial identity.
- Set challenging but achievable goals for the Community Team and report regularly on progress.
- Work closely with other Credit Karma teams to support go-to-market strategies for new products and initiatives.
- Ensure effective customer service on Credit Karma’s social channels.
- 8-10 years social media and online community experience.
- 3-5 years experience leading a team of social and/or community managers.
- BA in communications, PR or similar.
- Leader with proven ability to motivate and develop direct reports, communicate effectively with others, and establish credibility with senior management.
- A track record of creative social media programs.
- Bonus points: Experience in the financial or other highly regulated industry.
- Media Bistro Job Listings (note not all the jobs listed here are social media positions):http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/?c=stnav
- LinkedIn Social Media Job Listings: http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-manager-jobs and http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/j?keywords=socialmedia+manager or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-marketing-jobs or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-strategist-jobs
- CareerBuilder: http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Keyword/Social-Media-Manager/
- Indeed.com: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Social-media
- Simply Hired: http://www.simplyhired.com/k-social-media-jobs.html