Saturday, July 11, 2015
So for today's short post, I present links to the 5 most viewed articles in the past 30 days.
1. Thursday Tutorials: How to Pin a Post on Twitter - http://socialmediamarketinghints.blogspot.com/2015/06/how-to-pin-post-on-twitter.html
2. Thursday Tutorials: How to Pin a Google+ Post - http://socialmediamarketinghints.blogspot.com/2015/07/thursday-tutorials-how-to-pin-google.html
3. Friday Facts: The 12 Biggest Facebook Campaigns from the Past Year - http://socialmediamarketinghints.blogspot.com/2015/06/friday-facts-12-biggest-facebook.html
4. The Monday Search: Job Listings as of 07/06/2015 - http://socialmediamarketinghints.blogspot.com/2015/07/the-monday-search-job-listings-as-of.html
5. Saturday Sharing: 8 Ways to Use Instagram for Business - http://socialmediamarketinghints.blogspot.com/2015/06/saturday-sharing-8-ways-to-use.html
It's definitely nice to see that the tutorials are being found useful as they are the highest hits by far, but also good to see people like the other types of posts as well.
As always, if there's a topic you'd like me to do a tutorial on or share on the site, please feel free to leave it in the comments of any article.
Friday, July 10, 2015
- How to gain more followers and increase engagement
- How to increase your website's traffic
- And ways to increase sales.
If your brand is on Pinterest, this article may be of help to you for your second half of the year social media planning. If you aren't on Pinterest yet, this may give you some ideas of what to do when you do branch into Pinterest.
Check out the article here: http://hellosociety.com/blog/how-to-plan-a-successful-2015-pinterest-strategy/
Have a great weekend!
Thursday, July 9, 2015
You can access "Collections" by loading the page you want to create a collection on. Below your cover image, you have several menu choices, as seen below.
Click on "Collections." Since you haven't created a collection yet, you'll see a page like this:
Scroll down to the bottom and click on the blue "Create Collection Button." When you click on it a popup like this will appear with everything behind it greyed out.
So figure out what you want one of your collections to be about and fill out the information in the boxes. For this one, I want to create a collection for featured homes on the site.
Once completed, hit create. That will take you to a page that looks like this which you can customize to how you want it to look.
In this area is where you create posts that you want under the collection. I was hoping I could group old posts into the collection, but that apparently isn't available (yet).
This page is completely customizable and you can even share just the collection with others.
If you go back to your main page and click on "Collections", you will now see the following:
This will allow you to add posts to your already created collection as well as create a new collection in the future.
This seems like a really neat feature that has been released by Google+ and I look forward to playing with it more.
Thursday Tutorials are a series of tutorials designed to help people who may not be as Facebook savvy as other people. Some tutorials will be targeted towards newbies to the social media world, others will include tutorials for more advanced users. Thursday Tutorials are written for the layman and are designed with everyone in mind. You can find all the Thursday Tutorials by clicking on the Thursday Tutorials tag below.
Wednesday, July 8, 2015
Cover images display at 851 pixels wide by 315 pixels tall on your Page on computers and 640 pixels wide by 360 pixels tall on smartphones. They must be at least 399 pixels wide and 150 pixels tall.
Facebook provides a great tool to show you dimensions, which includes the distances for the profile image that fits into the cover photo. https://www.facebook.com/help/125379114252045
Facebook's suggestion to fanpages regarding images is this: "For your Page's cover photo, use a unique image that represents your Page. This might be a photo of a popular menu item, album artwork or a picture of people using your product. Be creative and experiment with images to see what your audience responds to best."
Wednesday Words are a series of definitions released on Wednesday each week regarding a word found specific to Facebook's social media platform, or may be a generic word dealing with social media. These definitions are to help provide you with a better understanding of common and uncommon terms associated with Facebook and social media. You can find all the Wednesday Words by clicking on the Wednesday Words tag below.
Tuesday, July 7, 2015
Today's tip takes the being consistent a bit further. The advice comes from Donna Moritz, Founder of Socially Sorted (@SociallySorted via Twitter).
“Start out right by being consistent on the platform that you own — begin by creating content on your blog that solves the problems of your ideal customer, include a shareable image in each post, and then share that post on just 1 or 2 social platforms to begin with.”That's exactly what I've done with this blog. I started out with a blog that receives consistent (most of the time) posts on set days and shared those posts to Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Later on I will add to Pinterest when it is appropriate.
So set up a posting schedule for your blog and try to stick to it - sometimes this may mean scheduling posts ahead of time - but don't be too hard on yourself if you miss a post here and there. The important part is to schedule what is feasible for you and not schedule too much to where it is overwhelming. And then remember to share the posts as they post.
Tuesday Tips are a series of tips released on Tuesday each week regarding a hint or tip to help you manage and market your Facebook presence better. You can find all the Tuesday Tips by clicking on the Tuesday Tips tag below.
Monday, July 6, 2015
Don't worry! Each week (when I have time) I will be featuring 3-5 jobs currently available as of Monday. Additional sites will be linked at the very bottom of the article and listed as sources. Other sites may be listed as well.
Here are this week's job listings I found interesting:
Green Flash Brewing Company is hiring a Social Media Coordinator in San Diego, CA
- Must be a self-starter who is able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment with a variety of dynamic personalities. This position is located in San Diego, CA.
- Develop and implement social media strategy and best practices across various platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+, Tumblr, Vine, etc.)
- Develop and implement daily, weekly, campaign-driven and long-term social media content strategy
- Execute the social media plan utilizing tools such as Sprout Social, WordPress, etc.
- Write social media content that is consistent with the Green Flash brand voice and incorporate SEO best practices
- Work with creative teams to develop and apply imagery that is consistent with the brand messaging
- Track, measure and report results; use data to optimize and evolve our social marketing strategies
- Organize and execute contests and giveaways
- Grow the brand’s social media audience & engagement across all channels, and create a sense of community among top contributors – engage with audience/community and respond/react to comments appropriately
- Monitor social media trends, tools, apps, and effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media techniques
- Monitor social media forums, chat rooms and community platforms (blogs, etc)
- Work with Communications team to develop the Green Flash blog feed, including back end SEO management
- Data entry of regional Green Flash events on corporate website, social channels, regional media calendars and other partner calendars
- Develop content and draft copy for weekly e-newsletter sent to national and regional consumers
- Distribute and track weekly newsletter dissemination via MailChimp software
- Implement strategy to grow newsletter database
- Manage & redistribute incoming email inquiries to the info alias and respond where appropriate
- Become a brand ambassador and advocate of Green Flash in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues with our audience where appropriate
- Own and update brand’s social media dashboard and report success and lessons learned; actively “listen” to the social media community and regularly report findings.
- 2+ years of social media management for a brand, website and/or media company
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communications, advertising or related degree
- Understanding of the craft beer industry, experience working in the craft beer industry is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of social media for business use and technical familiarity with popular social media platforms and tools and their respective participants (Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Instagram etc.)
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide and educate other departments when necessary on social media tactics and strategies
- Good technical understanding of web tools including tools currently in use including WordPress, SproutSocial, MailChimp, Microsoft Office, with an ability to pick up new tools quickly
- Solid knowledge of search engine optimization principles and best practices
- Excellent copywriting and communication skills; working knowledge of writing for SEO
- Experience working with advertisers on social campaigns a plus
- Editorial and/or a marketing/PR background helpful
- Ability to develop a genuine passion for our brand and products
- Ability to travel 10%, and work nights and weekends and needed for industry-related events
Grace Farms Foundation is hiring a Social Media and Digital Communications Manager
- Drive the development and execution of a complete social media, website and e-newsletter strategy in a timely, effective and collaborative manner, with a focus on measurable results and an eye toward building a positive and recognizable brand. Define content, cadence, target audiences and key messages
- Create and manage the Foundation’s presence on its website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and other social media sites; seed content onto social applications as needed. Create a sense of community with presence
- Create copy and design content for social media, e-newsletter and Foundation’s website that maintains aesthetic and messaging consistency. Content will include original design, photography and video
- Maintain an understanding of current digital media best practices, particularly in reference to our partner and like-minded institutions
- Collaborate with the various program directors and Foundation team members to ensure consistency of strategy and messaging
- Manage all website activity, create strategic plans with Director of Marketing and Communications and leverage the work of key Foundation team members to refresh and distribute content. Website content includes a featured blog, online library and resources page, robust calendar and event page, and active pages to highlight the five initiatives at Grace Farms.
- Analyze, review and report on the effectiveness of online communication
- Identify cutting-edge interactive tools and techniques to help support key initiatives and advance programs in the area of nature, arts, social justice, faith, and community.
- Support the Director of Marketing and Communications by creating and distributing overall marketing and communications materials
- Develop social relationships and strategies with online influencers
- Respond to inquiries via website, social media or any other online field, abiding by social media guidelines. Field and forward PR and/or press requests
- Utilize in-house online infrastructure systems, including PatronManager (fundraising, ticketing and marketing) and Ungerboeck (event management), to systemize content delivery and creation.
- Interact with guests and non-profits at Grace Farms, extending gracious hospitality and encouraging community
- Bachelor’s degree required, advance degree a plus
- 3-5 years of business experience with an emphasis on developing and implementing digital/social media strategies for companies and/or brands
- Proven copywriting and editorial skills
- Experience with Adobe Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Previous success at establishing credibility with a high-performance leadership team and an ability to tie efforts to overall goals and objectives. Effectively providing advice, counsel and coaching to senior executives on how to be more digitally savvy.
- Experience in all facets of digital media, including data gathering, analytics, technology and advertising.
- Strong track record of professional engagement in social media and online communities of all types.
- Highest level of integrity defined as being incredibly ethical, professional, responsible, truthful, at the same time having a reputation for being authentic, honest, and fair in everything s/he does
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to social media planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
The Franklin Institute is hiring a Social Media MAnager in Philadelphia
- Assist the Chief Digital Officer with building and executing a social media content strategy through internal brainstorming, competitive research, platform determination, and audience identification with the primary goal of audience growth and creative differentiation in the online science communication space.
- Generate, edit (including fact-checking and proofreading), publish, and distribute daily social media content that builds meaningful connections with our audience on multiple platforms including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Tumblr, Google+, LinkedIn, etc.
- Monitor all social media analytics and listening tools and continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics and best practices, and then acting on the information. Monitor emerging use of social media technologies and analyze technology trends.
- Generate weekly analytics reports highlighting which social media messages connected with our audiences and assess the broader impact of these.
- Participate in internal educational opportunities to raise awareness and expertise of social media organization-wide. Build social media competency and knowledge within the organization to empower the entire staff to support the organization’s social media strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree required, with background in journalism, communications, marketing, new media or a related field, and 4 or more years experience managing social media experiences.
- Expertise in and comfortability with a wide variety of social activities and platforms including creating and distributing content, posting, community development, and audience growth on platforms including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, Tumblr, Snapchat, Google+, LinkedIn, etc. Experience with both organic and paid audience acquisition tactics.
- Creative, proactive, and passionate about communicating via social media. Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and monitor real-time science news and experiences is required. Monitoring and management of social media platforms and communities during nonstandard work hours as needed.
- Interest in exploring use of new platforms in a creative way including live streaming with Periscope and Meerkat, Google Hangouts, video sharing, microblogging, podcasts, online contests and challenges, etc.
- Experience working with Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, and other social media analytics and scheduling tools and knowledgeable about new media trends, technologies, and experiences.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and strong project management and organization skills. Detail-oriented, typo-free writing skills.
- Media Bistro Job Listings (note not all the jobs listed here are social media positions):http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/?c=stnav
- LinkedIn Social Media Job Listings: http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-manager-jobs and http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/j?keywords=socialmedia+manager or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-marketing-jobs or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-strategist-jobs
- CareerBuilder: http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Keyword/Social-Media-Manager/
- Indeed.com: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Social-media
- Simply Hired: http://www.simplyhired.com/k-social-media-jobs.html