I figure most of you, like me, will be enjoying this three day holiday and blowing things up in celebration of our country's birth and independence.
If you are running social media sites this weekend, I strongly encourage you to have posts scheduled to post about the Fourth of July - whether it is an image, a Happy Fourth of July message or something patriotic, it always works well to have something ready to go even if you are off of work.
Enjoy and have a wonderful and happy Fourth of July!
Saturday, July 4, 2015
Friday, July 3, 2015
Facebook has realized that just because people don't like, comment or share doesn't mean that an article isn't worthy to be in the news feed. It could simply mean that the person didn't feel like doing any of those things at that time, etc.
This article, over at The Guardian, explains it more in detail and what the changes could mean for page owners: http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/jun/15/facebook-tweaks-news-feed-algorithm-time-spent
Now we get to wait and see if this actually improves views or not.
Thursday, July 2, 2015
So, to get this started, you need to be on a page that you own on the account that owns it. You can chose a post you recently posted or write a post and post it. Scroll down to that post (or the recent post you want to pin.
When you mouse over the post, a drop down carrot will appear in the right corner. Click on this carrot to create this menu:
Click on the top "Pin post" option. Once clicked the menu disappears and after a second, this message appears.
To reverse it, click on the carrot again and simply click "Unpin post." Pretty easy!
Thursday Tutorials are a series of tutorials designed to help people who may not be as Facebook savvy as other people. Some tutorials will be targeted towards newbies to the social media world, others will include tutorials for more advanced users. Thursday Tutorials are written for the layman and are designed with everyone in mind. You can find all the Thursday Tutorials by clicking on the Thursday Tutorials tag below.
Wednesday, July 1, 2015
Clickthrough Rate is a metric which shows the number of people who clicked on an ad or link in a campaign after viewing a message, video or image. Basically, it called them to action and they took that action you wanted - whether it be buying a book, signing up for an email newsletter, visiting your website, etc. The metric is calculated by comparing the number of clicks to impressions.
So, for example, if 1,000 people saw your add in google and 10 people clicked on the ad, the clickthrough rate would be 1%. The theory is, the higher your CTR, the more effective your marketing campaign has been.
So if you are driving campaigns through social media to your website and you have Google Analytics or other Analytic tools set up, you should be able to see how many hits came from that marketing campaign and via social media stats you can see how many people viewed it and figure out your CTR from there.
Wednesday Words are a series of definitions released on Wednesday each week regarding a word found specific to Facebook's social media platform, or may be a generic word dealing with social media. These definitions are to help provide you with a better understanding of common and uncommon terms associated with Facebook and social media. You can find all the Wednesday Words by clicking on the Wednesday Words tag below.
Tuesday, June 30, 2015
Whether your business' page is new or established, you will eventually be targeted by a troll. The troll may be a former employee, a person who wasn't hired for whatever reason, someone who is/was dissatisfied with a product or just someone who is out there to poke holes at anyone they've decided to target (for those people it's not really personal, they just get a rise out of causing someone else to react).
Sometimes it's hard to tell when someone is trolling but if they keep replying with a passive-aggressive attack on something you've posted, then it's time to be the bigger person and step away. Sometimes just a simple phrase of "I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree" and not posting further can help. Or "I'm sorry you feel that way" etc.
The important thing is to stop before they take it too far.
Tuesday Tips are a series of tips released on Tuesday each week regarding a hint or tip to help you manage and market your Facebook presence better. You can find all the Tuesday Tips by clicking on the Tuesday Tips tag below.
Monday, June 29, 2015
Don't worry! Each week (when I have time) I will be featuring 3-5 jobs currently available as of Monday. Additional sites will be linked at the very bottom of the article and listed as sources. Other sites may be listed as well.
Here are this week's job listings I found interesting:
FTI Consulting is hiring a Head of Social Media Intelligence in Chicago
- Help lead and design insights-driven social and digital engagement programs by leveraging key learnings from data analytics
- Work with key internal and external business stakeholders to develop effective analytics and intelligence engagements, including reporting, establishing KPI and metrics, and delivery of reporting
- Effectively translate data into understandable and actionable insights to drive strategy
- Create measurement protocols that leverage data and drive insight into the users and activities that take place on digital and social platforms
- Collaborate with teams to identify critical business problems and potential areas of opportunity through the use of digital and social analytics
- Define metrics for and social measurement programs to set benchmarks, showcase successes/milestones and create opportunistic insights
- Oversee and operationalize real-time monitoring and engagement initiatives across teams
- As part of FTI’s digital ecosystem approach, CONTENT IMPACT, work with content, creative, and digital platform/community management teams on using insights and data to help maximize reach and engagement
- Actively define and complete complex data pulls (query development and execution) and statistical analysis
- Research, define, and pilot new data research and test/control programs that create opportunistic insight
- Measure, optimize and define new business opportunities that optimize digital/social channels and content
- Define opportunistic social analytics integration points and actively drive adoption of social data into existing programs
- Manage and evaluate vendor relationships, platforms and contracts for all social analytics tools
- Play a significant role in the research, planning and development of comprehensive digital communication programs
- Manage client expectations, train clients on software, and participate in new business presentations
- Address client issues thoughtfully and effectively
- Evaluate campaign results against objectives
- Assist in successfully growing existing accounts
- Help cultivate more junior staff
- And more
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 6-8 years’ experience in digital analysis or business intelligence programs
- Use of social business intelligence tools, including the monitoring and analytics tools such as Sysomos, Radian6, Crimson Hexigon, Meltwater, Google/Adobe Analytics, Traakr, and others
- Familiarity with HTML traffic, email marketing, paid media and webpage analytics and metrics
- Strong passion and strategic understanding of social media technologies, uses, and best practices (e.g.- blogs, forums, consumer review sites, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.)
- Communications or digital agency experience is highly preferred
- Passion for data analytics, emerging digital and social technologies
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
- Show a clear ability to work autonomously, with solid decision-making skills
- Be active and passionate about digital culture and the evolving analytics space
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with clients and internal team members across multiple levels
- Must possess superior research, writing and editing skills
- Proven project management skills and the ability to proactively support/counsel key client relationship
- Strong time and priority management skills and an ability to effectively juggle multiple client projects
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, deadline-oriented dynamic environment with regular change
Top Marketing Agency, Inc., is looking to hire a Digital Account Manager
Top Marketing Agency, Inc. is seeking a qualified and motivated person to join our growing digital marketing team in the role of digital account manager.
Top Marketing Agency (www.TopMarketingAgency.com) is a successful and growing marketing agency offering state of the art technology and marketing solutions to businesses throughout North America. If you would like to be part of a dynamic, creative, and rewarding environment, Top Marketing Agency is the place for you. With a growing customer base, we need an Account Manager who can help us manage our projects and fulfill our customers needs. From coordinating website changes to giving updates, we need someone who is proactive, works well independently and enjoys giving excellent service to customers.
- At least 1 year experience within a marketing setting, preferably digital marketing
- At least 1 year experience in an Account Manager position, coordinating multiple projects
- At least 6 months experience with social media (Google Plus, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.)
- Professionalism and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic & goal oriented
- Great organizational skills with very good attention to detail
- Works well independently and within a team
- Enjoys a challenge and has fun problem solving
- Possesses a creative and flexible mind
- Must be self-sufficient, knows when to ask questions and knows when to be proactive
- Must be very organized, looking for opportunities for improvement and increased efficiency wherever he or she goes
- Enthusiastic, self-reliant, consistent and responsible
- Works well independently, as well as in a team environment
- Strong Microsoft Office experience
- Basic HTML and WordPress knowledge is preferred
- Experience managing Hootsuite software for social posting
- Versatile Digital Marketing knowledge is preferred, including SEO, SMM, PPC, Email Marketing and Web Development
PR.com is still looking for a Marketing and Social Media Director in New York City
- Lead all marketing, social media, branding, SEO, PR and communications efforts
- Contribute to growth through inbound and outbound marketing and lead generation campaigns
- Serve as PR.com’s key spokesperson, thought leader, and influencer as we evolve the PR.com brand
- Lead community management and build engagement
- Create and execute content, social and influencer marketing strategies
- Establish, analyze, and report on analytics for determining effectiveness of marketing activities and ROI
- 5+ years of experience in leading and executing marketing, social media, branding, SEO, PR and communications efforts
- Demonstrated expertise in all domains of marketing and communications, such as social media, public relations, media relations, lead generation, content marketing, branding, promotions, events, etc.
- Proven ability to build teams (recruiting, mentoring, etc.) and generate remarkable performance from marketing and communications professionals
- Keen insight to recognize upcoming trends in social media and marketing in general, and creative and effective ability to execute based on those trends
- Passionate, entrepreneurial mindset with a strong drive to produce marketing and communications campaigns that achieve on a large scale, and a track record to back it up
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Media Bistro Job Listings (note not all the jobs listed here are social media positions):http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/?c=stnav
- LinkedIn Social Media Job Listings: http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-manager-jobs and http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/j?keywords=socialmedia+manager or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-marketing-jobs or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-strategist-jobs
- CareerBuilder: http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Keyword/Social-Media-Manager/
- Indeed.com: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Social-media
- Simply Hired: http://www.simplyhired.com/k-social-media-jobs.html