Don't worry! Each week (when I have time) I will be featuring 3-5 jobs currently available as of Monday. Additional sites will be linked at the very bottom of the article and listed as sources. Other sites may be listed as well.
Here are this week's job listings I found interesting:
A Leading Real Estate Company is hiring a freelance Social Media Ad Account Manager in Westchester, N.Y.
- Receive advertising orders from agents and brokerage office managers
- Create clever social media ads to reach target demographics (Facebook + Instagram)
- Write copy and manage provided creative assets for all paid-published content (images, video)
- Curate property photography for optimal look and results
- Optimize ongoing campaigns
- Compile and report performance metrics
- Experienced understanding of Facebook Ads Manager
- Strong written communication skills and ability to come up with catchy headlines for ads to grab attention
- Ability to act as a service professional, helping agents to understand the process and patiently answering questions
- Photoshop experience
- Interest in real estate
Macy’s, Inc., is hiring a Director, Social Media & Emerging Platforms in New York, New York
- Develop a comprehensive customer-centric roadmap for social media at Macy’s
- Craft the social media strategy for Macy’s and Backstage brands, inclusive of publishing/engagement tactics, driving commerce, acquiring new customers, retaining core customers, and growing brand loyalty
- Advocate for and drive innovation in the social media space and act as internal Macy’s social subject manner expert
- Build productive and collaborative relationships with key partners/teams, including merchandise marketing, creative, agency teams, and vendor account teams, to execute against brand social strategy
- Craft and manage Macy’s social media publishing calendar, based on Macy’s consumer activation strategy; ensure consistency of brand messages across multiple social media channels
- Collaborate with display, print & broadcast teams to build holistic media plans
- Manage social media budget and support merchandise marketing team to build out co-op plans
- Work closely with the Media Agency on vendor selection and project implementation, taking into consideration key performance indicators and added value opportunities
- Partner with analytics teams to measure the impact of social media on the overall marketing efforts and establish common metrics and benchmarks
- Monitor social media trends and make recommendations to senior leadership on how to develop social media capability including talent, skills, tools and platforms, and how to make better marketing mix decisions
- Manage the professional development of two direct reports
For more information: http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/jobview.asp?joid=187205&page=1
The Queens Library is seeking a Social Media Manager in Jamaica, NY
- Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Social Media Manager oversees all external electronic communications for the Queens Library and the Queens Development Department.
- Responsible for proposing and executing Queens Library’s on-line strategy in support of the company’s branding, programming, fundraising, and community presence.
- Create online-newsletters, email blasts and other e-communication vehicles to reach all Queens Library customers and constituents.
- Plans, manages, coordinates and executes all social media programs and initiatives for Queens Library and the Institutional Advancement and Development Department.
- Analyzes and evaluates both existing and potential social media activities and strategies.
- Develops unique value propositions, business partnerships and social media programs that are targeted toward key customer segments.
- Preserves brand and increase brand recognition across wide audiences; ensures brand consistency across all online platforms.
- Develops benchmark criteria to measure the effectiveness of social media programs and implement improvements.
- Actively seeks out new methods for increasing online presence; shows an awareness of and ability to incorporate current and emerging digital technologies and trends into e-communications efforts.
- Writes original content for library blogs.
- Works across departments to educate, effectively communicate and understand business objectives.
- Proposes and execute e-communications strategic plan.
- Creates emails blasts, email newsletters, interactive annual reports and other online publications in collaboration with Queens Library teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Must have 3-5 years of online marketing experience with at least 2 years of management experience.
- Must have superior written and verbal communication skills and be proficient at maintaining and executing a brand while meeting all deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiating and diplomatic skills required to effectively manage relationships with diverse internal and external contacts.
- Strong organizational and project management skills required. HTML skills required.
- Knowledge of graphic design software and photo and/or video editing software is preferred.
- Media Bistro Job Listings (note not all the jobs listed here are social media positions):http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/?c=stnav
- LinkedIn Social Media Job Listings: http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-manager-jobs and http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/j?keywords=socialmedia+manager or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-marketing-jobs or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-strategist-jobs
- CareerBuilder: http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Keyword/Social-Media-Manager/
- Indeed.com: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Social-media
- Simply Hired: http://www.simplyhired.com/k-social-media-jobs.html