Wednesday, August 13, 2014
Reddit has become known for the AMA (Ask Me Anything) segments where famous individuals are live on Reddit answering questions over a couple of hours.
While Reddit isn't as much about social media networking as it is about social media news, if your brand becomes famous (or is famous) and you've got well known folks that might be interested in doing an AMA, it's a great way to mingle with social media and cross promote in many ways.
Reddit is not for the light of heart and there are many rules which apply to the community. Before you post there, be sure to familiarize yourself with the rules and etiquette.
Wednesday Words are a series of definitions released on Wednesday each week regarding a word found specific to Facebook's social media platform, or may be a generic word dealing with social media. These definitions are to help provide you with a better understanding of common and uncommon terms associated with Facebook and social media. You can find all the Wednesday Words by clicking on the Wednesday Words tag below.
Tuesday, August 12, 2014
The idea is really simple - especially for small businesses. Pay attention to your networks, find where your customers are, weed out the networks where your customers aren't and post to the ones where your customers are larger, active and social.
That being said, it doesn't hurt to re-evaluate other forms of social media as your business and customer base grows larger. As generations shift, so do their forms of social media and if you want to grow, you still have to reach the younger generations and their social networks.
Social networks are always growing and changing - what didn't work last year may work this year or next year. You won't know if you don't keep an open mind. Just don't set yourself up to be overwhelmed when you first launch social media by joining every network. Figure out what works best and go from there.
Tuesday Tips are a series of tips released on Tuesday each week regarding a hint or tip to help you manage and market your Facebook presence better. You can find all the Tuesday Tips by clicking on the Tuesday Tips tag below.
Monday, August 11, 2014
Don't worry! Each week (when I have time) I will be featuring 3-5 jobs currently available as of Monday. Additional sites will be linked at the very bottom of the article and listed as sources. Other sites may be listed as well.
Zaxby's Franchising, Inc. is looking for a Social Media & Public Relations Manager in Athens, GA.
- Develop, implement and manage internal and external communications programs for the Zaxby's brand
- Develop strategy and goals for social media channels and campaigns
- Day-to-day management of PR and Social Media agencies
- Identify media opportunities to highlight Zaxby's and generate proactive publicity
- Develop press releases, media alerts, case studies and testimonials
- Conduct content audits and make optimization recommendations
- Serve as publicist for executive management team
- Stay on top of industry trends, the latest PR / Social Media advancements and relevant campaigns
- Handle incoming media calls primarily from local, regional and trade media outlets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing positioning and publicity for executive team
- Advanced understanding of and passion for social media
- Demonstrated success in media outreach
- Positive attitude, self-starter, creative, organized, tech-savvy
- Managing strategy and implementation of PR and Social Media required; agency experience preferred.
Surya is seeking a Social Media Coordinator in New York City
- Create beautiful graphics and engaging copy for use in social media
- Regularly upload images, tag images and organize social content with a focus on SEO
- Implement social media best practices to maximize reach and engagement
- Identify and interact with influencers and industry partners online
- Monitor competitor and partner activity in the social space
- Review data and analytics to make strategic recommendations
- Marketing, Communications, PR or Business majors preferred
- 1+ year of experience managing brand pages
- Passionate about interior design and home décor
- Ability to learn quickly and work independently
- Strong writing skills
- Detail-oriented and tech-savvy
- Experience with graphic design software such as InDesign, Photoshop or Illustrator
For more information: http://surya.theresumator.com/apply/job_20140810233248_HBJFI8DXP4ELAMOS/Social-Media-Coordinator.html?source=INDE
Enterprise Rent-A-Car is hiring a Part-Time Social Media Intern in St. Louis, MO.
- Monitor social networks, forums and blogs related to careers, employment and employer branding
- Contribute to content calendar and post content to recruitment social network channels, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Contribute to online outreach and promote existing careers profiles by engaging company followers and other social media users
- Research and develop ways to improve engagement and site traffic
- Leverage social networks to strengthen relationships with existing fans and increase over reach, social voice and impressions
- Work in collaboration with consumer social media team to reinforce and strengthen messaging across all sites
- Monitor activity across all recruitment social media sites and create weekly/monthly executive summary reports
- Research other companies with strong social network presence and determine best practices that could be implemented at Enterprise Holdings to achieve desired objectives
- Create ongoing content strategies to help create consistent conversations
- Reach out to Enterprise Holdings regional operating groups and pull relevant content for social media sites
- Work with North American Talent Acquisition team to improve their overall twitter presence
- Review Pinterest and help determine how we can best use this site
- Assist in formulating the blog and providing content
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Currently a junior or senior in college with an expected graduation date in 2015 or 2016, pursuing a degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism OR
- A recent graduate with a degree in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism
- Direct experience working with Social Media Channels (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) required
- Previous internshipexperience in Public Relations, Marketing or Communications preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) a plus
- Must be available to start internship August 2014
- Must be authorized to work in the United States
For more information: https://us-erac.icims.com/jobs/118311/part-time-social-media-intern/job?mode=job&iis=SimplyHired&iisn=SimplyHired&utm_source=simplyhired&utm_medium=jobclick&ss=paid&mobile=false&width=1366&height=667&bga=true&needsRedirect=false
- Media Bistro Job Listings (note not all the jobs listed here are social media positions):http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/?c=stnav
- LinkedIn Social Media Job Listings: http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-manager-jobs and http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/j?keywords=socialmedia+manager or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-marketing-jobs or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-strategist-jobs
- CareerBuilder: http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Keyword/Social-Media-Manager/
- Indeed.com: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Social-media
- Simply Hired: http://www.simplyhired.com/k-social-media-jobs.html