Tuesday, April 14, 2015
These are the types of posts you want to promote, aka boost.
The first step is to boost the post to friends of your fans in the hopes that they will see your post, see that your friend has liked the page (and possibly the post) and then like the page or post themselves which then propagates it to their friends. All of this helps drive marketing to potential new customers or remind old customers that you're still out there and have something new.
Promoting to Friends of Fans is a great way to get local interaction and word of mouth going too.
Like "Hey did you see XYZ Store has a special going on this weekend?" "No...where?" "They posted about it on Facebook."
It works just like that.
Tuesday Tips are a series of tips released on Tuesday each week regarding a hint or tip to help you manage and market your Facebook presence better. You can find all the Tuesday Tips by clicking on the Tuesday Tips tag below.
Monday, April 13, 2015
Don't worry! Each week (when I have time) I will be featuring 3-5 jobs currently available as of Monday. Additional sites will be linked at the very bottom of the article and listed as sources. Other sites may be listed as well.
Sorry that this one is publishing late this week. I didn't have time on the weekend or during the day to complete it so finishing it now.
Here are this week's job listings I found interesting:
Emerald Expositions is hiring a Social Media Manager in West Harrison, NY
- Develop strategic social media plan that augments event marketing plans with the objective of driving registrations by promoting awareness, and driving exhibitor leads by promoting engagement.
- Improve onsite attendee and exhibitor engagement.
- Lead and manage kick-off meetings with key stakeholders to develop a detailed, metrics-based social media marketing plan for every event.
- Work with colleagues to generate compelling content that will increase awareness that will drive attendance to our events/exhibit sales leads.
- Make recommendations about emerging social media platforms, boosted posts, paid ads, etc. designed to further drive attendee and exhibitor engagement
- Collaborate with marketing managers to ensure all promotion via social media is coordinated and consistent.
- Provide high quality and error-free content and post to social media channels. Consistently liaise with colleagues in Marketing and ensure that all communications are coordinated and messages are consistent.
- Explore and introduce digital marketing best practices for content creation, utilizing video, photos, infographics, and measure impact on driving visitors to marketing site.
- Provide analytics to support social media promotions.
- Provide onsite support for all specific events. While on show site, engage with attendees (interviews, photographs) and provide overall event support.
- Establish post event follow-up policies.
- Provide detailed reporting to the VP of marketing post event; discuss successes and updates.
- Collaborative, team player who can fully manage the social media business for NY NOW and ISS).
- Excellent written communication skills gained from PR or Marketing Communications experience.
- Able to effectively communicate with creative problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and able to meet deadlines.
- 5-7 years relevant experience in digital marketing, social media and/or data analytics.
- Experience working with data across multiple social platforms in a corporate or agency role.
- Demonstrated fluency in digital and social media, and familiar with emerging online channels.
- Strong analytic skills a must.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2+ years’ experience with social media and/or PR in a business to business professional services environment. Events industry experience is an advantage.
- 5-7 years overall marketing experience
- Experience writing/posting social media content that represents a brand
- Prior experience working in the events industry highly preferred.
- Knowledge of the Gift, Home Accent, Lifestyle, Design/Interior Design, Stationery, and/or Fashion Apparel/Accessories Store industries a major plus
Uptown Treehouse, Inc., is hiring a Social Media Strategic Co-ordinator in Los Angeles
- Execute social media lead generating campaigns on behalf of Uptown Treehouse.
- Work directly with the President of Uptown Treehouse to develop and manage new marketing campaigns.
- Translate client’s goals and objectives into actionable and measurable digital marketing programs include SEO, social, events, online media, website strategy and other digital components.
- Create audits of potential client’s existing digital marketing efforts and develop optimization strategy.
- Possess an understanding of Social advertising campaign management and optimization practices across Facebook Marketplace, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Monitors the latest trends in social media, including advertising formats, channels and technologies in order to improve campaign performance and provide recommendations on how clients can best leverage new tools and services.
- Compile data across several social media platforms and create reports, including analysis for insights, optimizations and future strategy development
- Recent degree in Marketing or Business or related field.
- Experience with B2B marketing, social selling and lead generation.
- First-hand knowledge of SEO, SEM, and social media marketing.
- Microsoft Excel experience. Adhoc reporting may require pulling from multiple data sources (analytics, budget and call tracking for example) to generate client-facing reporting.
- Ability to implement some recommended campaign changes, including on-page SEO (internal linking, Hx tags, adding alt tags, etc).
For more information: http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/jobview.asp?joid=179124&page=1
Zinio is hiring a Social Media Manager in New York, NY
- Collaborate with Executive Management to create a social media strategy that represents best practices in social media marketing.
- Create viral and social content and experiences, creating and amplifying conversations and outreach that compliment editorial, marketing and custom programs.
- Execution of all social media activities including, tweeting, sharing, engaging, liking, and increasing social reach.
- Creation of content for use on the company’s own properties to highlight articles or content that would induce current or prospective customers to engage and ultimately purchase.
- Monitor, listen and respond to the audience in a “Social” way while cultivating new customers to experience the brand.
- Lead and manage advocacy for the brand in social media conversations and seize opportunities in real time to engage in online conversations where the brand is relevant.
- Monitor online ratings and create “early warning indicators” to flag issues that need addressing.
- Establish relationships with bloggers and other members of the online community.
- Craft and implement creative social media campaigns across social media channels
- Optimize social media channels to increase follower base, community engagement and traffic to website.
- Create and manage social media scorecard, benchmarking progress, accomplishments and results from social media marketing efforts.
- Support Paid Social efforts that will look to increase Zinio’s customer base and revenue streams
- Educate and evangelize Social Media best practices within the organization
- Prioritizing requests based on the business needs.
- Having a forward thinking attitude and ability to work in an ever-evolving creative space with a willingness to learn new technologies that enhance the cross-channel marketing experience.
- Experience managing social outlets including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+, Google Communities, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube, Pinterest, and more.
- Keen understanding of the customer, brand, and user experience
- Strong, professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage shifting priorities on multiple projects while maintaining quality of work.
- Ability to proactively communicate with the team and stakeholders.
- Proven experience working successfully in matrixed, cross-functional and multi-cultural teams.
- Demonstrated success in managing projects without direct authority.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of social media paid advertising campaigns including Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter a plus.
- Experience in the publishing industry a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Experience Level: 3-5+ years in similar industry
For more information: http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/jobview.asp?joid=179006&page=1
- Media Bistro Job Listings (note not all the jobs listed here are social media positions):http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/?c=stnav
- LinkedIn Social Media Job Listings: http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-manager-jobs and http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/j?keywords=socialmedia+manager or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-marketing-jobs or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-strategist-jobs
- CareerBuilder: http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Keyword/Social-Media-Manager/
- Indeed.com: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Social-media
- Simply Hired: http://www.simplyhired.com/k-social-media-jobs.html