Friday, July 11, 2014
This is a very informative piece and I recommend anyone, new or expert, participating in social media to check it out. For more information: http://blogs.constantcontact.com/product-blogs/social-media-marketing/content-social-media/
If you have anything you would like us to share on Fridays or Mondays, please don't hesitate to contact me via Google+ or Facebook!
Tuesday, July 8, 2014
Chats refer to any kind of communication, or messaging, over the internet. It traditionally refers to one-on-one messaging through a text-based client referred to as instant messaging programs. Now days, it includes instant messaging and direct messaging that can happen through Facebook, Google+ and Twitter - where people can send private messages to one person, or to a group of people (in the case of Facebook and Google+) and have conversations with them while logged into social media accounts.
A friendly reminder: never share your passwords with anyone via chat or any other method. I know a lot of people do this and it's just a bad idea in general. I also suggest never talking about private or confidential information via any form of chat. You never know when something will happen and chats become public or someone hacks an account and acquires the chat you thought was going to be private.
Wednesday Words are a series of definitions released on Wednesday each week regarding a word found specific to Facebook's social media platform, or may be a generic word dealing with social media. These definitions are to help provide you with a better understanding of common and uncommon terms associated with Facebook and social media. You can find all the Wednesday Words by clicking on the Wednesday Words tag below.
Which is what brings us to today's tip: Spell check before you post.
At least you have a bit of a savior with Facebook these days, you can edit a post - but if you don't catch it quick enough, trust me, it's out there and the spelling police will make fun of you for it. It's worse if it's an image you created because those images will stay around FOREVER.
If you are posting via a mobile device, be sure to read and reread your post before you send it. Both iOS and Android like to auto-correct and auto-fill what it thinks you are trying to say and if you think it got it right, it may make for very embarrassing posts. If you don't believe me, just read some auto-correct fails - that will make you believe me.
If you are creating a graphic image with text, check, double check and triple check your spelling. If in doubt, look it up. Or, if in doubt, and you have a friend or co-worker nearby, have them look at it. Two heads are always better than one.
And finally, most browsers have a spell check function already built into them and if they don't you can download them as part of a free add-on. When you are writing posts for Facebook and Twitter, it should auto-flag any word it suspects is wrong and if you right click on it, give you options for spelling. Keep in mind though, it won't correct wrong words that are spelled correctly, so be sure to check not only for misspelled words, but correctly spelled words used incorrectly.
And while spell checking will help avoid embarrassing situations, just remember it happens to everyone, myself included. I am notorious for typing or swyping too fast when typing comments to friends on Facebook and it makes for an entertaining laugh. But for a brand, try to spell check as much as you can before you post!
Tuesday Tips are a series of tips released on Tuesday each week regarding a hint or tip to help you manage and market your Facebook presence better. You can find all the Tuesday Tips by clicking on the Tuesday Tips tag below.
Monday, July 7, 2014
Don't worry! Each week (when I have time) I will be featuring 3-5 jobs currently available as of Monday. Additional sites will be linked at the very bottom of the article and listed as sources. Other sites may be listed as well.
Glowpoint is seeking a Social Media Manager in Murray Hill, NJ.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Content development
- Work with Marketing and Sales to elicit ideas for content
- Collaborate on the ongoing development and execution of social media strategies
- Implement daily posting schedules and ensure adherence to Glowpoint social media guidelines, protocol, and procedures
- Social media monitoring and engagement
- Monitor customer interactions on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other interactive digital platforms
- Standardize processes for responding to inquiries, complaints, and other interactions
- Compile reports on trends across social media—involving Glowpoint, our competitors, and/or the Video Conferencing industry
- Coordinate responses to social media engagement when necessary, based upon established Glowpoint guidelines and protocol
- Develop unique social media and digital campaigns
- Develop and implement unique campaigns to engage prospects and potential channel partners on social media, paying close attention to legal boundaries and staying aligned with the mission of Glowpoint
- Other duties as needed (including but not necessarily limited to the following):
- Perform other related duties such as updating our corporate website, Glowpoint.com
- Update corporate Intranet and SharePoint pages
- Collaborate on lead generation, nurturing and conversation strategies/implementation
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field of study
- 3-5 years experience developing and executing social media strategies for a company or organization
- Proven track record of successful digital and social media communications campaigns
- Proficient user of social media, including emerging platforms
- Strong writing and editing skills with a professional voice
- Graphic design, video editing, and/or HTML coding experience preferred
- Video conference/collaboration industry experience preferred
- High degree of personal responsibility and accountability
- Responsive and exercises good judgment
- Capable of meeting tight deadlines on a regular basis
Indeed.com is hiring a social media manager in Austin.
Important: You must have prior experience managing Social Media for a large organization or major agency.
- Develop a social media strategy designed to grow awareness and consideration of Indeed.
- Manage the execution of innovative social initiatives.
- Deliver content and programs with high engagement rates and strong positive brand buzz.
- Build and manage social communities.
- Partner with PR and Product Marketing teams to ensure social amplification on key communication.
- Be the go-to-resource on internal communications execution using best practices and policies.
- Develop the Indeed customer voice in social.
- Stay on top of social trends in order.
- Track and measure success of social media programs
Required Skills & Experience:
- 5- 8 years experience in communications and social media.
- Proven track record building brands via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Foursquare, Instagram, etc.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
- Experience using various social, SEM and web analytics reporting tools.
- Bachelors degree required.
- Strong analytics, focused on developing results-driven campaigns.
- Self-motivated, organized, and a strategic thinker.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent work experience
For more information, or to apply: http://www.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=ff63ea1c68121c43&q=Social-media&tk=18s7envav19u169g&from=web&advn=1855944161169178&sjdu=UhOL_Gm3AHDkhnoX3rO-OaSM1f1aHYVaLBGbwzgdtjFaPiGHnyF2XvHum_l-9hL6fdsk0FzZ_0GcoxFRm533ke_4zpD_UhfKv-2UbxnnXEi1RZ_8lrt8SRHw3QCzuqG2
HTC is looking for a Social Community Manager in Bellevue, WA.
What you get to do every day:
- Stay in touch with marketplace and cultural trends to create sharable social content that offers a unique HTC perspective.
- Lead conversations with HTC fans, potential customers, fellow brands, and many others.
- Identify key influencers and groups to foster relationships, as well as identify ongoing opportunities to delight customers – from a 1:1 or a 1:many perspective – again.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications or related field.
- 3-5 years of social community manager experience
- Strong sense of humor & fast/smart wit essential
- Experience working on a consumer brand
- Fluent in the metrics of reach, engagement, and brand preference
- Demonstrated experience handling high risk brand engagement
- Copywriting, editorial, or journalism background a preferred
- Some PR background is a plus
- Excellent customer relationship skills
- Ability to work cross-organizationally
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to clearly articulate thoughts in writing
- Is a self-starter and go-getter with a winning, optimistic attitude
For more information, or to apply: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH03/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=HTC&cws=1&rid=591&source=Indeed
- Media Bistro Job Listings (note not all the jobs listed here are social media positions):http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/?c=stnav
- LinkedIn Social Media Job Listings: http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-manager-jobs and http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/j?keywords=socialmedia+manager or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-marketing-jobs or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-strategist-jobs
- CareerBuilder: http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Keyword/Social-Media-Manager/
- Indeed.com: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Social-media
- Simply Hired: http://www.simplyhired.com/k-social-media-jobs.html