Saturday, July 26, 2014
While I admit, I look at my social media accounts when its not interfering with my day job, driving (I never, ever check social media while driving. Please don't do it either.), talking with friends and family, etc., I do have a habit of checking Facebook via the phone when I wake up or when I get a notification, etc.
I can honestly say, I haven't done any of these 29 bizarre things myself, but I know people who do - and I know members of younger generations who do it without even realizing they're doing it because it's just a part of their life.
Check out this neat article. are you guilty of any of the things mentioned/ What are some things you do that may be a sign of being addicted to social media that isn't mentioned in the article? Share your responses in the comment sections below or on our Facebook page.
To read the full article: http://kimgarst.com/29-bizarre-things-people-who-are-addicted-to-social-media-do
Friday, July 25, 2014
In looking through Pinterest the other night, I came across this pin and had to check it out. It contained a very nice infographic with 10 facts about social media that I -definitely- didn't know and I think many of my readers will find this interesting.
Some of the facts include:
- Did you know there are specific days of the week to Pin certain things on Pinterest? You can find out what you're supposed to Pin when on the infographic.
- Did you know Friday seems to be the best day for engagement on Facebook? (Maybe it's because it's the end of the work week and people are surfing Facebook...)
- Do you know how many interactions per post you should strive for? That information is also available on the infographic.
Learn about these three things as well as the seven other facts by clicking on the links below.
Pin It Here: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/492862752943671555/
(Note, I linked to the Pin I found it on. Please re-Pin from there if you're going to Pin.)
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
A comment is a reply to a blog post or news post on a website or forum or a message on a social media networks. Comments are a way to generate engagement and interaction on social media. Comments can be made by fans answering questions a page has asked its users, by the page owner responding to comments made by users, or can be comments made in reply to comments made by users.
Comments are a form of two-way communication on social media. It's always good to be positive, and rarely if ever negative, when communicating with anyone through social media. Most comments are public and anyone can view them - which means if you have an off day, everyone will see that and it will reflect upon you. Remember to comment when people comment on your posts as it all helps with engagement.
Wednesday Words are a series of definitions released on Wednesday each week regarding a word found specific to Facebook's social media platform, or may be a generic word dealing with social media. These definitions are to help provide you with a better understanding of common and uncommon terms associated with Facebook and social media. You can find all the Wednesday Words by clicking on the Wednesday Words tag below.
Tuesday, July 22, 2014
“If you’re using Facebook, make sure you've got a Facebook PAGE and not a profile!” -- Kim Walker, Leader of Social Media Management, 5 Stones Media, LLC @5stonesmedia
To put it simply. A Facebook profile is about you as a person and your connections to your friends, co-workers, family and acquaintances. A Facebook page is for fans of a book/author/brand, or for a brand to market and sell things, for a business or restaurant. Profiles should NEVER be used for these things as it muddies the water and makes things confusing.
For those new to social media who may have friends they follow that are using profiles for their business, this is an important lesson for them. They may think that since this company is doing it, they can do it too. Do not be lulled by that idea. Do it right.
Facebook pages offer more insight into what people want, what they engage with and like better than a profile will ever give you. Let's be honest, profiles don't offer any stats or insight as to who likes what and when and what generates engagement - these are all things you need to know when you're managing social media.
So today's advice is this: Even if it sounds like a good idea or you've seen other people doing it, don't create a profile for your brand or business. Take the time to do it right and create a page.
Tuesday Tips are a series of tips released on Tuesday each week regarding a hint or tip to help you manage and market your Facebook presence better. You can find all the Tuesday Tips by clicking on the Tuesday Tips tag below.
Monday, July 21, 2014
Don't worry! Each week (when I have time) I will be featuring 3-5 jobs currently available as of Monday. Additional sites will be linked at the very bottom of the article and listed as sources. Other sites may be listed as well.
I do apologize that this post is coming out way late on Monday, but because it's late I'll be promoting it a few more times on Twitter and other social media outlets. I won't go into details, but health came first. That being said, here's some jobs for you.
Teradata is seeking a Social Media Director in Dayton, Ohio
Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Promoting relevant thought leadership and promotional content daily while monitoring relevant conversations and identifying appropriate areas for ongoing engagement.
- Working closely with internal teams and agencies to align on benchmarks and strategy
- Creating Applications editorial calendars, including blog calendars, social media events calendars, etc.
- In collaboration with both the Demand Generation, Web/Digital, Brand, and PR, strategically leveraging social media channels as a key element of integrated marketing programs.
- Leading the Teradata Marketing Applications Social Media Committee; includes setting charter, metrics and ensuring adoption across Committee members.
- Executing all social media activities (i.e. tweeting, sharing, engaging, liking, increasing social reach, doing the heavy lifting, etc.) for Teradata Marketing Applications.
- Communicating in a professional, but unique Teradata Marketing Applications social media “voice” directly aligned with our thought leadership and content.
- Creating social media campaigns and calls-to-action – in conjunction with the Demand Generation team– that drive engagement and leads.
- Engaging with our target audiences daily across multiple social media channels by sharing content, finding ways to grow followers, mentions and retweets and improve overall engagement with our LinkedIn Company Page and Teradata Marketing Applications handle.
- Staying ahead of the curve in leveraging social media channels as content hubs.
- Implementing Social Media SEO tactics aligned with our digital team keyword and SEO strategies.
- Conducting competitive analysis studies on Teradata Marketing Applications competitors, including digital footprint analysis.
- Educating and enabling the Marketing Applications team to strategically use social channels
- 10+ years of Marketing Communications experience, including demand generation, content marketing and/or PR
- 5+ Years of Social Media Marketing experience in a corporate marketing or agency marketing role.
- 3+ Years of Social Media Marketing in a B2B capacity.
- Concrete examples of social media marketing successes and wins.
- Expert level skills in using and navigating social media networks web applications, 3rdparty social media tools, and the ability to make recommendations for each.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising or communications.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong creative and collaboration skills.
- Proven experience growing social media presence for a global, enterprise brand.
- Self-motivated individual, with proven experience collaborating with executive leadership and global counterparts.
For more information: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/17334871?trk=jserp_job_details_text
Save the Water, Inc., is seeking a Volunteer: Social Media Marketing Intern in Surfside, FL
Key Responsibilities of the Social Media Marketing Intern:
- Extend Save the Water’s social media reach and capture the target audience via targeted social media platforms
- Identify, monitor, learn and experiment with new and alternative social media strategies
- Research, write, create and develop insightful, quality content for our sites
- Understand, track and document analytics
- Measure the impact of social media on the overall marketing efforts
- Research & recommend partnership opportunities with relevant non profit organizations
- Gain and track followers / audience on all social media outlets
- Monitor and engage on various social media platforms, replying to comments, messages, inquiries, compliments and complaints in brand voice.
- Experiment with new and alternative ways to leverage social media activities
- Monitor social media tools, trends and applications and appropriately apply that knowledge to increasing the use of social media
- Determine what social media techniques are most appropriate
- Document a social media process for our organization and includes planning social media campaigns
Required Qualifications for the Social Media Marketing Intern:
- Minimum of a 2.6 GPA
- Candidates must be passionate, driven, a self-starter; enthusiastic with an upbeat attitude
- Strong social presence and proficiency of social media networks and tools
- Understanding of popular social platforms including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, Google , LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Vine, Pinterest
- Creative approach to social media marketing strategies
- Excellent writing skills and a willingness to use them
- Ability to network and create great working relationships
- Ability to quickly synthesize information and translate into valuable communications and actions
- Ability to quickly grasp new learnings
- Must be at least a Sophomore in College
- Strong organizational skills
- Collaborative attitude and willing to work after hours or on weekends to support events if needed
- Must have completed 2nd year of a 4 year program in Business, Human Resources, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Advertising, or related degree.
- Must be acquainted with Google Analytics
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- A creative thinker who is able to develop new / different ideas
- Previous experience with social media (as an intern or with a campus organization)
- Design experience and proficiency with photoshop
For more information: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/16442412?trk=jserp_job_details_text
AFAR Media is seeking a Associate Editor, Social Media/Newsletter in San Francisco
- Work closely with the Director of Digital Content to oversee and execute social and email strategy
- Drive audience acquisition and retention through creative packaging of AFAR’s content
- Work across the company to integrate efforts from various teams (including magazine, marketing, events, etc.) into social and campaign initiatives.
- Help inform best practices in social and email by measuring performance and understanding key analytics
- Define and produce content for emails; execute on all email campaigns
- Define and produce content for social; execute on all social channels
- Manage social ad/marketing campaigns
- Integrate social and make social behaviors top of mind for all major stakeholders in the company
- 3–5 years' experience in an editorial role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deep knowledge of the social space including its different platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest
- Experience measuring results and using data to inform decision making
- Editorial background and experience taking on the voice of a brand
- Curiosity, enthusiasm, confidence, and professional maturity
- A love for journalism, online communities, and a passion for travel
- Strong sense of humor
For more information: http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/jobview.asp?joid=168903&c=jfbatl
Benefit Cosmetics is seeking a Social Media Coordinator in San Francisco
- 1-2 years previous experience in social media for a brand or agency
- Excellent writing & grammar skills with a high attention to detail & quality
- Passionate user of social media & digital technologies; knowledge of social media best practices (hashtags, tracked links, etc.)
- Willingness to push the boundaries & drive to interact in real-time with trending topics
- Friendly, outgoing personality with a natural knack for building & maintaining relationships
- Demonstrated ability to execute projects on time and to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Intuitive grasp of the Benefit customer and a drive to impact and satisfy customers
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- Enthusiastic and energetic work ethic
- Strong organization skills; self-directed and works effectively in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple projects
- Welcomes constructive criticism with an open mind, always seeking to improve work
- Public relations experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree
Technology & Software Knowledge
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Google Docs
- Proficient in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & YouTube platforms
- Basic HTML or CSS familiarity
- Preferred knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop
- Knowledge of analytics platforms like Sysomos & Facebook Insights a plus
- Knowledge of social media publishing platforms (TweetDeck, Sprout Social, etc.)
For more information: http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/jobview.asp?joid=168695&c=jfbatl
- Media Bistro Job Listings (note not all the jobs listed here are social media positions):http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/?c=stnav
- LinkedIn Social Media Job Listings: http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-manager-jobs and http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/j?keywords=socialmedia+manager or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-marketing-jobs or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-strategist-jobs
- CareerBuilder: http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Keyword/Social-Media-Manager/
- Indeed.com: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Social-media
- Simply Hired: http://www.simplyhired.com/k-social-media-jobs.html