Friday, July 18, 2014
It also provides 7 things to measure, which includes the important question of "What are your goals/objectives?"
If you haven't set any goals yet for your social media endeavors, perhaps now is the time to look into doing so.
Check this article out and then look at setting some goals: http://www.seobook.com/measuring-social-media
Wednesday, July 16, 2014
Bitly is a free URL shortening service that provides users with a short URL for their long URL, ultimately condensing the web address and making it easier to share on Twitter. Bitly also offers free statistics for the links that users share.
If you have long website addresses for your website/blog/store, you may want to look into Bitly or other URL shortening services.
We will have a post later on talking about URL Shortening Services and where you can find them.
Wednesday Words are a series of definitions released on Wednesday each week regarding a word found specific to Facebook's social media platform, or may be a generic word dealing with social media. These definitions are to help provide you with a better understanding of common and uncommon terms associated with Facebook and social media. You can find all the Wednesday Words by clicking on the Wednesday Words tag below.
Tuesday, July 15, 2014
The Dinner Daily reminded folks of that simple fact when they posted the following on the Constant Contact Facebook page: “Get professional advice on how to use it. It’s not the same as your personal page.”
While I think getting professional advice is a little far to go, you should be reading social media experts blogs and twitter posts and learn more about how to use social media if you are using your Facebook page as you would your personal profile. Follow by example. Like and pay attention to similar brands Facebook pages and learn from them.
One mistake I've seen before is the "pity me" posts from a page where the owner is down on their luck and sharing their bad experiences either in their life, in their relationship with a customer or another business. This is something you should never do as it reflects poorly on your business and on you. Try to keep your personal life off of your business page - this will help you achieve more of your goals.
Tuesday Tips are a series of tips released on Tuesday each week regarding a hint or tip to help you manage and market your Facebook presence better. You can find all the Tuesday Tips by clicking on the Tuesday Tips tag below.
Monday, July 14, 2014
Don't worry! Each week (when I have time) I will be featuring 3-5 jobs currently available as of Monday. Additional sites will be linked at the very bottom of the article and listed as sources. Other sites may be listed as well.
I do apologize that this post is coming out way late on Monday, but because it's late I'll be promoting it a few more times on Twitter and other social media outlets. I won't go into details, but health came first. That being said, here's some jobs for you.
Glowpoint is seeking a Social Media Manager in Murray Hill, NJ.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Content development
- Work with Marketing and Sales to elicit ideas for content
- Collaborate on the ongoing development and execution of social media strategies
- Implement daily posting schedules and ensure adherence to Glowpoint social media guidelines, protocol, and procedures
- Social media monitoring and engagement
- Monitor customer interactions on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and other interactive digital platforms
- Standardize processes for responding to inquiries, complaints, and other interactions
- Compile reports on trends across social media—involving Glowpoint, our competitors, and/or the Video Conferencing industry
- Coordinate responses to social media engagement when necessary, based upon established Glowpoint guidelines and protocol
- Develop unique social media and digital campaigns
- Develop and implement unique campaigns to engage prospects and potential channel partners on social media, paying close attention to legal boundaries and staying aligned with the mission of Glowpoint
- Other duties as needed (including but not necessarily limited to the following):
- Perform other related duties such as updating our corporate website, Glowpoint.com
- Update corporate Intranet and SharePoint pages
- Collaborate on lead generation, nurturing and conversation strategies/implementation
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field of study
- 3-5 years experience developing and executing social media strategies for a company or organization
- Proven track record of successful digital and social media communications campaigns
- Proficient user of social media, including emerging platforms
- Strong writing and editing skills with a professional voice
- Graphic design, video editing, and/or HTML coding experience preferred
- Video conference/collaboration industry experience preferred
- High degree of personal responsibility and accountability
- Responsive and exercises good judgment
- Capable of meeting tight deadlines on a regular basis
The National Federation of Independent Business is seeking a Social Media Marketing Manager in Washington D.C.
- Develop campaigns and content with internal teams that provide relevance for the brand, provide opportunity to convert/sell fans, and engage consumers for future advocacy.
- Oversee and Manage Social Media content creation, production, posting, online conversations, and real-time event Social Media across social networking platforms including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google Plus, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Manage social media day-to-day presence – social media calendar including but not limited to advocacy, writing editorial/social copy, promotions, and listening and reactive response.
- Encourage adoption of relevant new and emerging social media techniques into the company culture to benefit the company’s brand, products and services. Monitor and anticipate changes in social media tools, trends and applications as well.
- Monitor effective benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs, and analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Passion for understanding the consumer mindset and engagement strategies to influence consumer behavior in digital realm
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Five years of experience in Marketing, Digital media, Advertising or Public Relations; including 3 years Social Media or Community Management experience.
- Solid knowledge of traditional and interactive branding, communications, planning, and internal/external communication vehicles. Direct response, business-to-business, CRM, web site content and public policy knowledge preferred.
- Work experience with social media marketing strategies, tools (such as Hootsuite, etc.) and measurements.
- Strong emphasis on project management skills, including the ability to multitask, work in a team, maintain timelines and meet scheduled deadlines. Strong interpersonal and relationship skills.
For more information, or to apply: http://ch.tbe.taleo.net/CH05/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=NFIB&cws=1&rid=1348&source=Simply+Hired
CyberCoders is seeking a Social Media Specialist in Waltham, MA.
- Managing and growing our social media strategy across multiple platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Coordinate and develop campaigns and contests to support our goals
- Online monitoring and measurement platforms including but not limited to:
Facebook Insights, YouTube insights, Google Analytics, Tweetdeck, HootSuite, etc
- At least 1+ years of experience doing online community building
- In-depth knowledge of social media platforms, market trends and best practices
- Outstanding copywriting skills and great attention to detail
- SEO experience (yes, you'd be able to write this ad so it goes to the first page on Google), mobile campaigns experience and brand strategy
- Social Media Accounts: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms that we don't even know about yet
For more information or to apply: http://www.cybercoders.com/social-media-specialist-job-158324?jobId=SCE-SocialMedia-Concord&ad=recruiticssimplyhired&rx_job=19646481&rx_source=simplyhired&rx_campaign=simplyhired26&rx_medium=cpc
The Red Dress Botique is looking for a Social Media Specialist in Athens, GA.
We’re looking for a creative and organized Social Media Specialist who can capture our brand in 140 characters or less! www.reddressboutique.com is hiring a Social Media Specialist to continue to build & execute the brand’s Social Media strategy. This exciting role will act as a brand representative through interacting and engaging with fans.
A key function of this role will be to work across multiple areas ensuring that our creative content reaches our large customer base. Organization and the ability to understand social analytics is highly important to facilitating and scheduling an integrated social calendar. We’re looking for the perfect balance of creative thinking and business savvy, someone who loves and understands the balance of lifestyle, product and brand marketing.
For more information or to apply: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/17317655?trk=jserp_job_details_text
- Media Bistro Job Listings (note not all the jobs listed here are social media positions):http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/?c=stnav
- LinkedIn Social Media Job Listings: http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-manager-jobs and http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/j?keywords=socialmedia+manager or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-marketing-jobs or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-strategist-jobs
- CareerBuilder: http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Keyword/Social-Media-Manager/
- Indeed.com: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Social-media
- Simply Hired: http://www.simplyhired.com/k-social-media-jobs.html