Tuesday, October 20, 2015
Today's tip: Post pictures to Twitter!
Now, after saying this, there are a few things to remember. You will lose a number of characters when you add an image to Twitter, so keep that in mind when preparing a post to go along with your photo. Keep the tweet and associated hastags short and sweet. Make sure the pictures are engaging - since Twitter now shows previews of images in timelines, it is important to make images engaging.
Most importantly - have fun with it.
Tuesday Tips are a series of tips released on Tuesday each week regarding a hint or tip to help you manage and market your social media presence better. You can find all the Tuesday Tips by clicking on the Tuesday Tips tag below.
Monday, October 19, 2015
Don't worry! Each week (when I have time) I will be featuring 3-5 jobs currently available as of Monday. Additional sites will be linked at the very bottom of the article and listed as sources. Other sites may be listed as well.
Here are this week's job listings I found interesting:
Banjo is hiring a Social Media and News Curator in Las Vegas
- Use our unique technology to validate, distribute and promote breaking news events at top speed to journalists and editorial teams
- Sort and curate collections of social media posts into cohesive, linear stories
- Curate social content for upcoming events, like sports, music, festivals, fashion and more
- Research and fact checking quickly
- Bachelor’s Degree (Journalism or Communications focus a plus)
- Minimum of 1 year of experience thriving on a fast-paced team
- You have a passion for current events, specifically in social media and news (while we don’t expect you to have 5000+ followers on Twitter, we do expect you to have a social media presence)
- You are extremely organized with great attention to detail, and have an amazing ability to prioritize while accurately completing tasks
- You are a fast learner and a creative thinker
- You thrive on competition and exceed expectations
- You have outstanding written and verbal communication
- You have a positive and proactive attitude
- You can think quickly and operate with a sense of urgency at all times
- You are technically savvy and have a solid understanding of Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- ***YOU MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A BACKGROUND CHECK AND OBTAIN A SECURITY CLEARANCE***
Jmp Creative is hiring a Social Media Specialist in Santa Ana, California
We want you to help create content and engage our growing social network for our clients. We want you to be part graphic designer, part writer, part analyst and have one hell of a magnetic personality that comes through in all your work. We want you to straddle the impossible line of creativity and logistics. We want you to be just as excited to share that killer viral video you finished editing as you are when you find a way to add 5,000 followers overnight.
- A Bachelor's degree or 3-5 years of experience working and creating within social & digital media.
- Must have experience managing a social media account for clients.
- Must have extensive experience with the backend management of content on YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, Vine, Tumblr. Also, experience with network managers such as Hootsuite is a huge plus.
- Must have experience with Photoshop and Illustrator to create graphics and layouts that will be posted.
- Must be extremely detail-oriented.
- Should have experience shooting and editing videos, preferably in Final Cut Pro.
- Should have experience using Keynote on the Mac platform.
We’re looking for both Senior and Junior positions, so be specific on your skills and experience. If you’ve managed a team before, let us know. If you have additional skills that you think apply to this position and we didn’t call them out, let us know.
For more information: http://www.simplyhired.com/job/74661.63487
Capital One is hiring a Paid Social Media Planner/Manager in Virgina
- Work with Social Media and Brand strategists to recommend paid media needs for our national social programs
- Drive strategic media recommendations to help drive growth of our follower base and engagement on our Capital One branded social platforms
- Brief media teams and oversee the development of media plans, ensuring that plans are effective and deliver on business and brand goals
- Work with Agency partners to develop media recommendations, oversee media buying process and help team deliver on media buys
- Partner with enterprise media team to ensure alignment of media plans
- Partner with Procurement to identify best in class agency partners and lead selection process as needed
- Partner with analytics team to plan measurement of effectiveness of media plans
- Share channel and campaign learnings and teach teammates about best practices
- Generate and apply insights from industry paid social best practices
- Handle various project-oriented tasks as needed such as process improvements, calendar development and execution
- Work with community managers to ensure flawless execution of paid media vis-à-vis the brand’s BAU channel efforts
- Manage department budget, including monthly reconciliation, providing reports as needed, and identifying opportunities for social media investment
- Bachelors Degree or Military Experience
- At least 4 years of media planning and buying work experience
- At least 3 years of experience in digital and social media marketing channels
- At least 2 years of experience managing budgets
- Masters Degree
- Experience in Social marketing in channels like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google platforms.
- Experience working at a digital media planning / buying agency
- Experience writing media briefs and working with marketing strategy and agency partners
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Media Bistro Job Listings (note not all the jobs listed here are social media positions):http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/?c=stnav
- LinkedIn Social Media Job Listings: http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-manager-jobs and http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/j?keywords=socialmedia+manager or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-marketing-jobs or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-strategist-jobs
- CareerBuilder: http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Keyword/Social-Media-Manager/
- Indeed.com: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Social-media
- Simply Hired: http://www.simplyhired.com/k-social-media-jobs.html