Tuesday, September 9, 2014
However, if you don't tell Facebook what you want, it will go with whatever the last setting you used was or what the default setting is (sorry, I don't recall the default setting. This is why it's important to know what you're wanting to get out of your ad - and each ad you run may have different goals.
Decide what the goals for your ad are before you purchase it. If you want to promote the page as a whole, promote the page itself, not an article.
If you're wanting to get more visibility on a post, boost that post.
And, more importantly, know your budget. Don't overspend or underspend if you're looking to reach specific goals.
Tuesday Tips are a series of tips released on Tuesday each week regarding a hint or tip to help you manage and market your Facebook presence better. You can find all the Tuesday Tips by clicking on the Tuesday Tips tag below.
Monday, September 8, 2014
Don't worry! Each week (when I have time) I will be featuring 3-5 jobs currently available as of Monday. Additional sites will be linked at the very bottom of the article and listed as sources. Other sites may be listed as well.
Hootsuite is looking for a Director of Community in Vancouver.
This role coordinates with marketing, sales and support teams to support business goals, ensuring consistency in voice and cultivating a strong community for the brand. Ideal candidates have a passion for social media and online community building with a proven track record of leading teams and creating and executing successful online campaigns to drive business goals across an organization.
- BA in Marketing, Communications, Digital Media or a combination and relevant education/work experience
- 10+ years experience working in digital marketing or agency or similar
- 6+ years proven management experience leading teams of 15+ people
- 3+ years experience working as a Community Manager, Social Media Manager or relevant experience working with social media
- Proven track record of implementing a strategic road map and executing
- Experience leading community team at an Agency or Brand
- Knowledge and experience using both Hootsuite and current social media platforms
- Adept at crafting social media posts tailored for specific audiences and platforms
- Ability to think critically and analyze regional data
- Keen interest in international trends and awareness of cultural differences
- Lives, eats, breathes technology, social and digital media with an interest in continued learning
- Inherently social - willingness to reach out and connect to users and influencers via social platforms
Click On Media is searching for a Social Media and Site Editor.
Our team is looking for a vibrant personality with experience in Editing, WordPress, Social Media and Golf. If you think you are a master of these, apply now. This is that rare opportunity to break into the sports media scene in a unique and exciting way. You’ll be attending major golf events such as forums and tournaments to develop strong relationships with the movers and shakers of the industry.
- Long, flexible hours
- Manage all social channels and ensure that the brand voice is strong, clear, consistent and engaging
- Manage content on site
- Decide which videos to feature each day and in what section
- Create thumbnails and titles
- Take down inappropriate content
- Create weekly newsletter
- Consistent outreach to users
- Research talent on Youtube and Vine and develop relationships with them
- Edit simple videos for daily & weekly content
- Ensure that advertising is properly presented on site
- Travel to events to film content & conduct interviews (tournaments, shows, etc)
- Key element: this position will be dynamically changing – the right fit will be able to adapt on a daily basis to new challenges and new responsibilities – to be flexible and creative – positive and constructive
For more information: http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/jobview.asp?joid=170853&c=jfbatl
Credit Union National Association is seeking a Social Media Coordinator.
CUNA is seeking a Social Media Coordinator to work within the Communications Department under the direction of the Senior Social Media Manager and produce multiple social media posts that promotes the work and priorities of CUNA and the Credit Union Movement. This position is responsible for:
*Under general supervision, produces multiple social media posts each day and other material that advances the priorities and work of CUNA and the credit union movement in order to build greater awareness of credit unions and expand the audience reach among the general public.
*Partners with the Social Media Senior Manager and the Communications department staff on the implementation of editorial plans and various special projects related to CUNA’s work advancing the shared strategic vision of credit unions.
*Takes direction from the Senior Social Media Manager and effectively supports the daily execution of the organization’s social media strategy through effective writing, targeting, and outreach.
*Works with social media staff in other departments to ensure effective coordination of work and stays abreast of trends and developments in social media engagement and recommends new approaches, tools, reporting and practices.
*Monitors and reports on social media activity related to credit unions using available reporting tools.
The successful candidate will have two to three years’ experience in a social media role with a matrix of internal and external stakeholders; knowledge of social media platforms and analytics; a proven working knowledge of the stewardship needed to support key organizational priorities and strategies; must be a proactive and a creative planner with excellent organizational and project management skills; capability to propose ideas, take and seek input from internal business areas, and work independently and as part of a team; strong writing skills for a variety of projects and diverse audiences. Social media/online content development experience; creative and detail-oriented; proficiency with Microsoft Office products. A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Journalism, New media communications, English or related field or equivalent experience within the field is required. Position does include the potential for travel.
For more information: http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/jobview.asp?joid=170899&c=jfbatl
- Media Bistro Job Listings (note not all the jobs listed here are social media positions):http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/?c=stnav
- LinkedIn Social Media Job Listings: http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-manager-jobs and http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/j?keywords=socialmedia+manager or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-marketing-jobs or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-strategist-jobs
- CareerBuilder: http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Keyword/Social-Media-Manager/
- Indeed.com: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Social-media
- Simply Hired: http://www.simplyhired.com/k-social-media-jobs.html