Wednesday, September 2, 2015
We often talk about optimizing for social media - making websites useful to people browsing from mobile devices or finding ways to make it easier to post social media. Optimizing is finding ways to increase performance and ensure efficiency by reworking copy and creative endeavors. With platforms changing and the addition of new social media platforms being a regular thing, it's become important to optimize when it comes to social media.
Some ways people have found to optimize social media are programs like WordPress which will automatically post to social media outlets when an article is posted to a blog. Other people use programs such as HootSuite to schedule specific posts over a week and then posting and responding to people outside of that.
How do you optimize your time when dealing with social media?
Wednesday Words are a series of definitions released on Wednesday each week regarding a word found specific to Facebook's social media platform, or may be a generic word dealing with social media. These definitions are to help provide you with a better understanding of common and uncommon terms associated with Facebook and social media. You can find all the Wednesday Words by clicking on the Wednesday Words tag below.
Tuesday, September 1, 2015
Keep in mind, I'm not saying to go solely with a group - a page will help as well, but having a group will also help spread the word and increase interaction.
Facebook Group have a distinct advantage in that members can chose to receive direct notifications about updates to the group. They may receive daily updates or updates only from specific members, such as you. You can also limit the group to where only you can create posts and your clients can respond to them.
Facebook groups are great for games and contests as well as special sales. If you haven't considered a group, check some of them out - you might be surprised how useful they can be.
Tuesday Tips are a series of tips released on Tuesday each week regarding a hint or tip to help you manage and market your Facebook presence better. You can find all the Tuesday Tips by clicking on the Tuesday Tips tag below.
Monday, August 31, 2015
Don't worry! Each week (when I have time) I will be featuring 3-5 jobs currently available as of Monday. Additional sites will be linked at the very bottom of the article and listed as sources. Other sites may be listed as well.
Today's listing is a little late - but better late than never!
Here are this week's job listings I found interesting:
5 Fold Marketing is hiring a Social Media Manager in Chandler, AZ
We are looking for a talented, creative, and experienced Social Media Director to join our team here at 5 Fold Marketing. In this position, you will collaborate with other members of the marketing team to design effective strategies and campaigns for multiple clients. The Social Media Director will be responsible for developing and implementing strong social strategies across multiple social media channels. The right person for this position will have the experience, knowledge, and confidence to make decisions to improve the social media department to ensure that it is evolving and growing with the most current technology and social media strategies. Salary Range from $40,000 to $48,000 depending on experience.
- General knowledge and experience of traditional marketing.
- Familiar with the basics of internet marketing- SEO, PPC, Website Design, etc.
- Relevant work experience and/or a marketing degree.
- Qualified in applying content marketing strategies for businesses.
- Can efficiently go back and forth between the creative side of marketing and the more analytical side.
- Extensive knowledge of Social Media Platforms.
- Knowledge on how specific platforms can be utilized as a part of a content strategy.
- Phenomenal writing and language skills.
- Ability to quickly adapt strategies to reflect new technology, tools, or industry changes.
- Design knowledge for creating engaging visual content.
- Has knowledge of Facebook Advertising including formatting, launching, and monitoring campaigns to increase conversions.
- Team player with the ability to effectively manage, evolve, and take responsibility for the 5 Fold Social Media product.
- Basic knowledge of WordPress and SEO strategies
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to problem solve and diffuse negative situations professionally.
- Basic design skills.
Rx Wiki is hiring a Social Media Coordinator in Austin, TX
Our SM coordinator is in charge social media for our national community pharmacists.
- Handle SM questions on the phone
- Manage RSS feeds for all SM including FB, and Twitter.
- Work on FB Ads
- Schedule and create headlines for SM posts
- Create FB pages for National Community Pharmacists
Required education: Bachelor's
For more info: http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Rx-Wiki/jobs/Social-Media-Coordinator-5531b1c885e95858?q=Social-media
Detour Bars is looking for a Social Media Community Manager in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Develop social media strategies, goals, budget and editorial calendar
- Recruit Social Media influencers and manage them directly
- Manage Product Launch Campaigns that directly involve influencers
- Manage and facilitate the creation of marketing content to use for social media, website, and advertisement purposes
- Analyze online marketing performance using crm and analytics software
- Keep pace with social media and internet marketing industry trends and developments
- Lead regional marketing programs that support direct accounts
- Identify and develop PR opportunities across multiple channels including: print, blogs, social media, and events
- Passion for social media and internet marketing industries
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, and identify and resolve problems
- Strong Communication skills, with the ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Ability to work cross functionally and thrive in an entrepreneurial and results-oriented environment
- 2 – 4 years experience in CPG brand marketing
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Experience working with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube
- Experience with website analysis using a variety of tools including Google Analytics
- Desired: Knowledge of CMS administration, HTML/CSS, Photoshop, Hubspot, and Magento
- BS/BA required
- Media Bistro Job Listings (note not all the jobs listed here are social media positions):http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/?c=stnav
- LinkedIn Social Media Job Listings: http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-manager-jobs and http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/j?keywords=socialmedia+manager or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-marketing-jobs or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-strategist-jobs
- CareerBuilder: http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Keyword/Social-Media-Manager/
- Indeed.com: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Social-media
- Simply Hired: http://www.simplyhired.com/k-social-media-jobs.html