Wednesday, October 1, 2014
There are many different ways to create an editorial planner. If you are the only one using it, you can go with a day planner or a regular calendar. If you want to share it, Google Calendar, Hootsuite or even GoogleDocs Spreadsheet works well for collaborative purposes.
This is especially useful for planning posts out in advanced for holidays and for when you are going o be gone, but still need things to post.
WordPress even has an editorial calendar plugin available. Next week we'll talk more about using editorial calendars.
Wednesday Words are a series of definitions released on Wednesday each week regarding a word found specific to Facebook's social media platform, or may be a generic word dealing with social media. These definitions are to help provide you with a better understanding of common and uncommon terms associated with Facebook and social media. You can find all the Wednesday Words by clicking on the Wednesday Words tag below.
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
Pinning an interesting or relevant post on a weekly basis increases visibility and distribution of your post to your views. Translation: if you want a post to be seen more often and by more users, pin it to your page/Twitter account.
Pinning is very easy and in upcoming tutorials we'll walk you through how to pin an article to your Facebook page and how to pin a tweet to your Twitter wall.
Tuesday Tips are a series of tips released on Tuesday each week regarding a hint or tip to help you manage and market your Facebook presence better. You can find all the Tuesday Tips by clicking on the Tuesday Tips tag below.
Monday, September 29, 2014
Don't worry! Each week (when I have time) I will be featuring 3-5 jobs currently available as of Monday. Additional sites will be linked at the very bottom of the article and listed as sources. Other sites may be listed as well.
Galvanized is hiring a Social Media Manager for Eat This, Not That in New York City.
- Oversee social media communities on (but not limited to) Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube pages
- Increase unique visitors with posts, meeting aggressive goals
- Work directly with the Site Director team to strategize promotion of editorial and other products
- Determine the most shareable content on each social platform
- Create images to accompany Facebook and Twitter posts
- Engage directly with fans on social platforms, responding to questions and direct comments, while giving the brand a personal voice.
- Able to swiftly and deftly handle negative comments and/or redirect the energy of a fan conversation
- Able to pitch editorial ideas based on social and search trends
- Manage paid campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, and other social platforms for the purpose of acquiring fans, amplifying content and/or driving sales.
- Some nights and weekend work will be required.
- Proof you have successfully executed social media campaigns on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest and/or Tumblr.
- A deep understanding of social media best practices.
- Strong passion for and interest in how people eat, and content that changes lives
- Strong editorial judgment and writing ability.
- Proficiency with a broad range of digital analytic tools, such as Google Analytics, Sprout Social, TweetDeck, HootSuite, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills, and an ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Some graphic design and Photoshop experience preferred
CyberCoders is hiring a Social Media Manager in San Mateo, CA.
- Maintain, update, and Implement the social media and web content strategy, coordinating with stakeholders across the company to ensure its effectiveness in meeting client goals and benchmarks
- Work with copy-writers, marketing team members and designers to implement strategies and objectives
- Ensure social media tools and web content are kept up-to-date
- Manage social media campaigns and day-to-day activities. Duties can include online advocacy, copy writing, post-planning, community-outreach, and the development of promotions/contests, etc.
- Manage a Blogger outreach program and build an active brand ambassador network for clients as applicable
- Monitor analytics and benchmarks for measuring the impact of social media programs. Review and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results
- Regularly report insights gained from social media monitoring to the company to assist in evolving client strategies in a timely fashion
- Monitor trends in social media tools, trends and applications
- Monitor the client competition as applicable and be aware of market changes and developments
- More Than 5 Years of experience and knowledge of:
- Social Media
- Social Strategy
- Enterprise Software
- Social Media Program
- Creative, diplomatic, cool under pressure and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong project management or organizational skills
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants and how they can be deployed in different scenarios
- Knowledge of blogging ecosystem
- Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format, and build and maintain relationships
- Team player, with the confidence to take the lead when necessary
- Good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
- Have a good knowledge of principles of SEO
- Public relations, Marketing, Sales, Community Management experience a plus
Taco Bell is hiring a Social Media Strategist in the Orange County, California, area.
- Bring big ideas to push the brand forward
- Coach and develop team to deliver breakthrough content
- Provide day-to-day supervision and execution of campaigns including (and not limited to) social media channel and community management, content creation, promotions, partnerships, influencer outreach initiatives, online events, etc.
- Work closely with Director of Digital/Social and rest of social media team to ensure campaigns are on strategy, on time, and on target.
- Create social programming plans and research audits including (and not limited to) content strategy plans, competition research briefs and digital audits. On a weekly basis, choose daily content and engagement for brand on Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, Snapchat, and Vine.
- Ensure consistency of messages across multiple networks while making each piece of content endemic to the platform.
- Serve as key day-to-day community and implementation manager and troubleshoot issues as they arise.
- Create weekly social media program status reports detailing key insights, popular content topics, community quotes and monitoring results; work with analytics team and oversee preparation of metrics, tracking and activity reports as based on reporting needs.
- Offer key insights for improving programs to enhance results.
- Conduct and manage ongoing key influencer programs.
- Understand basic research techniques and methodologies and use them to support development/execution of campaigns
- Conduct research and create materials to support general business development opportunities.
- Exhibit understanding of online market and digital capabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in liberal arts, advertising/marketing, journalism or new media
- 3-to-5 years of dedicated social experience at an interactive, advertising, communications/public relations or marketing agency, with 6-10 years professional experience overall. Must have previous experience working on social media marketing programs as well as executing word-of-mouth campaigns (including blogger/influencer outreach programs).
- Experience coaching and developing teams to produce big results
- Must have active accounts across key social media sites including, and not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Tumblr, etc. (You will be asked to provide access to accounts you have established and maintained.)
- Unquenchable curiosity and passion for social media and community building online
- A connector with a passion for building partnerships and relationships
- A passion for connecting with millennials
- A strong sense of style and knack for discovering trends
- Superior written and verbal communication skills: a “practical minor” in journalism.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Ability to think, plan and execute resourcefully, across multiple tasks.
- Ability to sell new ideas to executive team
- Knowledge of online tracking and monitoring tools and ability to search and find key content within social media (will be trained on advanced monitoring solutions for the brand).
- A sense of humor and ability to work in fast-paced environment
- A team player who can be accountable and flexible
For more information: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/22698092?trk=jserp_job_details_text
Hello Innovation is hiring a Social Media Strategist in Detroit.
- Social Strategy Plan and execute engagement and lead driven social media strategies
- Provide strategic planning, support and recommendations to include social media as an important element of marketing programs
- Collaborate with our Marketing and Creative teams to ensure the branding/voice of all our social media outlets are cohesive with other channels and initiatives
- Develop best in class social experiences with the help of cross-functional teams
- Create programs that leverage earned, owned and paid media
- Leverage social media analytics to optimize campaigns and provide clear recommendations on how to further grow engagement and increase leads via social media
- Develop and manage vendor relationships to grow social reach, engagement and conversion
- Constantly keep up with industry and social media trends
- Educate team around the implementation of new social media tactics and technologies
- Document and streamline social media workflows and guidelines
- Manage social media deliverables, timelines, and budgets Community Management
- Work with Marketing team to plan and execute content / editorial calendars
- Brainstorm, draft and post content for our portfolio of businesses’ social channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube and Google+Moderate channels and act as a brand ambassador by interacting with customers and fans on social communities in an authentic, genuine and human way
- Identify, document and build relationships with key influencers to generate brand exposure, interaction, and leads via advocates and fans
- Work with Marketing and Creative teams to plan and manage the production of social media content
- Focus on ROI and continual optimization and improvement of social activity
- Lead reputation management outreach for both positive and negative sentiment; work collaboratively by handing off to sales, customer support, HR etc.
- Expertise in social media strategies, technologies, platforms, services and measurement techniques (3+ years)
- Demonstrated experience creating and executing a social media strategy that builds fan base, increases engagement and drives conversion
- Analytical-minded and well-versed with social analytical tools and reporting
- Strong copywriting skills leveraging SEO / SMO techniques
- Extensive experience in social media copywriting & community management
- Must be a “self-starter” with the ability to excel in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with minimal supervision
For more information: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs2/view/16523209?trk=jserp_job_details_text
- Media Bistro Job Listings (note not all the jobs listed here are social media positions):http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/?c=stnav
- LinkedIn Social Media Job Listings: http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-manager-jobs and http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/j?keywords=socialmedia+manager or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-marketing-jobs or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-strategist-jobs
- CareerBuilder: http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Keyword/Social-Media-Manager/
- Indeed.com: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Social-media
- Simply Hired: http://www.simplyhired.com/k-social-media-jobs.html