Wednesday, May 20, 2015
Google Authorship allows you to link content you create with your Google+ profile. If you set up Google Authorship correctly, your Google+ profile picture will appear in Google search results next to any content published online that is written by you.
A bonus to using Google Authorship: Google's search algorithms ranks content from leaders and experts higher so using Google Authorship is a way to boost your rankings.
Wednesday Words are a series of definitions released on Wednesday each week regarding a word found specific to Facebook's social media platform, or may be a generic word dealing with social media. These definitions are to help provide you with a better understanding of common and uncommon terms associated with Facebook and social media. You can find all the Wednesday Words by clicking on the Wednesday Words tag below.
Tuesday, May 19, 2015
My answer to those folks is a quote from a Social Media Professional:
“You’re not gonna break stuff, just get started!”It sounds simple because it is simple. The first thing you can do is just get started and learn as you go. Most social media managers learned from the bottom and jumping in feet first. There was no school or degree for social media. There were no classes to teach you what to do and let's be honest, social media changes so often and so fast that sometimes those classes are out of date.
Joey C, Creator, GoodMorningGloucester.com
So don't be scared. Just get started.
Then check this blog out for tips, hints and questions. As always, if you have questions, I'd love to answer them. Feel free to leave them in the comments for any blog and I will either answer there or answer as a separate blog post.
Tuesday Tips are a series of tips released on Tuesday each week regarding a hint or tip to help you manage and market your Facebook presence better. You can find all the Tuesday Tips by clicking on the Tuesday Tips tag below.
Monday, May 18, 2015
Don't worry! Each week (when I have time) I will be featuring 3-5 jobs currently available as of Monday. Additional sites will be linked at the very bottom of the article and listed as sources. Other sites may be listed as well.
Here are this week's job listings I found interesting:
An Unnamed Non-Profit Foundation is hiring a Social Media Manager in New Canaan, CT
- Drive the development and execution of a complete social media strategy in a timely, effective and collaborative manner, with a focus on measurable results and an eye toward building a positive and recognizable brand.
- Collaborate with the various program directors to ensure consistency of strategy and messaging for all social media activity across the foundation’s key initiatives.
- Respond to user inquiries in a gracious and informative manner.
- Leverage a social media structure to help implement initiative-specific social media strategies and drive engagement across platforms.
- Manage the Foundation’s presence on its website, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and other social media sites; seed content onto social applications as needed. Create a sense of community with presence.
- Analyze, review and report on the effectiveness of website, as well as social media tactics and strategies.
- Identify cutting-edge interactive tools and techniques to help support key initiatives and advance programs in the area of nature, arts, social justice, faith, and community.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advance degree a plus
- 3-5 years of business experience with an emphasis on developing and implementing digital/social media strategies for companies and/or brands
- Previous success at establishing credibility with a high-performance leadership team and an ability to tie efforts to overall goals and objectives. Effectively providing advice, counsel and coaching to senior executives on how to be more digitally savvy.
- Experience in all facets of digital media, including data gathering, analytics, technology and advertising.
- Strong track record of professional engagement in social media and online communities of all types.
- Highest level of integrity defined as being incredibly ethical, professional, responsible, truthful, at the same time having a reputation for being authentic, honest, and fair in everything s/he does
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to social media planning
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Ability to make decisions in a changing environment and anticipate future needs
For more information: http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/jobview.asp?joid=180421&page=1
Momentum Factor is hiring a Social Media Specialist in Austin, Texas
- Daily engagement with our clients and their communities
- Create excellent social media content
- Contribute to creative brainstorming sessions for social campaigns
- Content curation, creation and management
- Keep an organized and well planned out social media calendar
- Contribute to our client's Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, G+, blogs and other platforms as they arise
- Have some knowledge of analytics using Social Reporting tools
- Strong work ethic
- Bachelor's degree.
- Some client service/project work.
- 3+ years real world work experience.
- Excellent references.
- Experience managing social platforms professionally.
- Good command of online and social tools (Hootsuite, Pages, all the social networks).
- Strong graphic design skills (i.e. Photoshop).
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- Passion to produce great work.
- Hunger for learning and coaching.
- Open-minded, easy to work with, and fun to be around.
- Organized and have good attention to detail.
- Positive mental attitude and energetic personality.
- Team player willing to do what it takes to make our clients successful.
- Big picture thinker who also enjoys the day-to-day action of managing multiple projects.
For more information: http://www.indeed.com/cmp/Momentum-Factor/jobs/Social-Media-Specialist-efba95a272242697
IMRE, LLC is hiring a Social Marketing Senior Program Manager in New York, NY
- Develop and concept strategic social marketing plans
- Provide strategic support to new business and service-development activities
- Manage monitoring and reporting for multiple accounts across all business units
- Manage the workflow, professional development and responsibilities of cross-functional Social Marketing team members
- Writing and concepting creative content across social channels
- Creative concepting and strategic planning for the development of social campaigns
- Leading the development of research methodologies to inform strategic planning activities
- Strategic planning and execution of paid social campaigns
- Relationshipping with social influencers
- Applying knowledge of emerging trends and technology to programs
- Experience in regulated industries (Healthcare, Financial services preferred)
- Storytelling through the use of data and research
- Agency experience or global Fortune 500 brand experience preferred
For more information: http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/jobview.asp?joid=180436&page=1
- Media Bistro Job Listings (note not all the jobs listed here are social media positions):http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/?c=stnav
- LinkedIn Social Media Job Listings: http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-manager-jobs and http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/j?keywords=socialmedia+manager or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-marketing-jobs or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-strategist-jobs
- CareerBuilder: http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Keyword/Social-Media-Manager/
- Indeed.com: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Social-media
- Simply Hired: http://www.simplyhired.com/k-social-media-jobs.html