Tuesday, February 17, 2015
Starting small can mean launching only a couple of social media sites at a time. Or it can mean focusing on existing social media sites, responding to posts, engaging users and learning what works and what doesn't work with your followers.
Every brand has to start somewhere and sometimes starting out small makes it easier than looking at a huge plan and being overwhelmed by it.
Tuesday Tips are a series of tips released on Tuesday each week regarding a hint or tip to help you manage and market your Facebook presence better. You can find all the Tuesday Tips by clicking on the Tuesday Tips tag below.
Monday, February 16, 2015
So last weekend, I was coming down with something - I had been coming down with it Thursday into Friday but kinda blew it off. Resulting in me sleeping Saturday and Sunday away. I felt immensely better, managed to get Monday's two posts written and went to work. Felt pretty good on Monday then woke up Tuesday to feeling like I got hit by a semi. Fever, throbbing headache, body aches, etc. The full gamut. I wasn't thrilled by this. Needless to say, nothing got written Tuesday or the rest of the week because I was getting as much rest as possible when I wasn't at work.
That being said, I've been working through getting posts done for the rest of February and some of March this past weekend and plan to do more writing during the week so that the lapse doesn't happen again.
Thanks to everyone who keeps reading this blog. Viewership has increased, which is why I am upset on missing posts for almost a week. Hope everyone understands and is doing well themselves.
Don't worry! Each week (when I have time) I will be featuring 3-5 jobs currently available as of Monday. Additional sites will be linked at the very bottom of the article and listed as sources. Other sites may be listed as well.
Here are this week's job listings I found interesting:
Flex-Pharma is still seeking a Social Media Manager in New York, NY
This is a freelance opportunity (approx 20 hours a week) in the short term, with the potential of quickly ramping up to full time. Reporting to Head of Marketing, the Social Media Manager will work closely with the Marketing and Communications team to establish a social media presence across a range of platforms including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Vine, SnapChat and more. The Social Media manager will use a passion for and experience in working with a range of sports-related subjects to identify and cultivate different digital audiences from big league pro sports to more niche or extreme sports verticals. He or she will also be responsible for ongoing research and monitoring, as well as consumer engagement of related online communities related to various sports audience verticals.
Manager will be primarily responsible for the execution of an editorial calendar and a social media content stream. This role will work in lock step with PR/communications to coordinate delivering key messaging and announcements across social in a strategic, precisely timed manner. In addition, he or she will help develop the social media ‘voice’ for the brand and look for opportunities to create or engage in conversations related to breaking news or relevant trends in that voice. This role will also be primarily responsible for managing of reporting and measurement of social media performance on an ongoing basis. The Manager will contribute to overall marketing strategy development.
Ideal candidate has at least 3-4 years experience in similar role with lifestyle or sports brand, either in-house or inside an agency environment, and thrives in a fast paced, dynamic, start-up environment. Must be a strong verbal and visual communicator, curious, focused and have a passion for and experience working in a range of sports and lifestyle brands.
For more information: http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/jobview.asp?joid=176534&page=1
Loyola Press is seeking a Social Media Specialist in Chicago
Loyola Press is looking for a new Social Media Specialist with experience in social media creation and management to assist the Interactive Communications Manager in developing content, communities, and voice for all online and social media channels. Responsibilities include:
- Creating multiple social media “voices” for Loyola Press
- Building content: writing, researching, and/or assigning long- and short-form articles and other types of online content such as videos, art, or animations.
- Understanding digital strategies to effectively share content across online channels
- Managing internal and external teams for writing and design needs, sourcing freelancers, creating and maintaining schedules, and communicating specs or guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, or other communications-related field
- 2+ years of marketing and social media experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking and process skills, as well as an eye for detail
- Knowledge of Catholicism and/or experience working for a Catholic organization
Mindspark is hiring a Social Media Manager in New York City
- Drive the strategy and overall execution of integrated Social Media distribution and content programs which drives quality traffic to Mindspark’s products.
- Work closely with Product and Marketing team to develop strategy for and implement content outreach.
- Develop strategy and execution of Mindspark’s online advocacy programs including but not limited to our user success presence in our social channels.
- Help develop content and growth plans for key social channels such as our Facebook Pages, Twitter streams, and YouTube channels.
- Act as primary liaison with Product and Marketing organizations to ensure all social media programs are aligned and integrated with Mindspark’s communication and brand marketing programs.
- Analytical: Data analysis, ability run scientific experiments and draw insights from data, data presentation
- Define KPIs and measures of success to achieve company goals
- Design and distribute reports / dashboards to key players to drive appropriate actions
- Measure success and progress of channels through social analytics platforms.
- Set direction for and manage blog content calendar and content creation process.
- Manage social media agencies (when applicable).
- Help to develop and moderate new community platforms for our existing users to interact and share their experiences with.
- Provide thought leadership about social media platforms, technologies and strategies to the rest of the organization.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 5+ years of experience as a Social Media, Online Marketing and/or Public Relations professional. Blogging / Content creation + curation experience also preferred.
- Excellent writing skills a MUST. This role will be responsible for creating, reviewing, and editing content used on company blogs and all forms of micro-media. Comprehensive experience authoring consumer-facing communications is highly desirable.
- MUST be able to show your work and walk through strategies used.
- Analytical prowess and experience with Facebook, Twitter and YouTube analytics is required.
- Experience working with multiple brands, blogs, and online media properties to source content and create distribution opportunities.
- Previous experience conceptualizing, launching and implementing large scale social media campaigns for large consumer brand(s) that has driven measurable results.
- Demonstrated a strong passion and a deep understanding in using social media in their personal and professional lives.
- Media Bistro Job Listings (note not all the jobs listed here are social media positions):http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/?c=stnav
- LinkedIn Social Media Job Listings: http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-manager-jobs and http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/j?keywords=socialmedia+manager or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-marketing-jobs or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-strategist-jobs
- CareerBuilder: http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Keyword/Social-Media-Manager/
- Indeed.com: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Social-media
- Simply Hired: http://www.simplyhired.com/k-social-media-jobs.html