Advertising with Facebook can be tricky as there are a lot of options on who you can target based on location, interests, keywords, age groups, etc. This is why it's important to experiment with Facebook Ad Targeting when you're doing Facebook advertising to see what works best for you and your brand.
The default promotion is to people who like your page. After that you can chose to market to the people who like your page and their friends. Or you can chose People you chose through targeting. This option opens up a lot more options, including countries, demographics, interests and more. It will also show you what a minimal amount of advertising will potentially net you in total reach.
You can save each demographic under a different name and chose from them when targeting different groups. Then, when an ad is complete, you can compare it to the other ads to see how it did. We'll talk about that in a future tutorial.
Tuesday Tips are a series of tips released on Tuesday each week regarding a hint or tip to help you manage and market your Facebook presence better. You can find all the Tuesday Tips by clicking on the Tuesday Tips tag below.
Tuesday, April 7, 2015
Monday, April 6, 2015
Don't worry! Each week (when I have time) I will be featuring 3-5 jobs currently available as of Monday. Additional sites will be linked at the very bottom of the article and listed as sources. Other sites may be listed as well.
Here are this week's job listings I found interesting:
Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières is hiring a Social Media Manager in New York City
The New York Office of MSF seeks a Social Media Manager (SMM) who will be responsible for the day-to-day and long-term conceptualization, implementation, and tracking/analysis of MSF-USA's social media strategy, with a special focus on understanding the broader social media landscape and cultivating digital engagement. S/he would work in the Web and Publications unit of the Communication department, reporting to the Editorial Director, while also collaborating extensively with other units of the Communications department, as well as the Development and the Field Human Resources departments. All activities and initiatives will be carried out with the same purpose: to expand the audience and support networks that exist for MSF activities, and to find new and better ways to deliver messages and updates about MSF's work, our needs in the field, and our overall mission.
- Knowledge of graphic design and web site design, and experience with Photoshop, and Final Cut Pro X are helpful.
- Previous work in the humanitarian or aid world.
- Previous experience in the media world.
Applicants should have at least five years of related professional experience, including at least three years of experience in a social media management role. Applicants should also have:
- fluency in the world of social media
- a track record of innovation and collaboration
- extensive experience in data analysis and using monitoring programs
- experience presenting data in an interesting, helpful way
- interest in listening to other people and asking them questions, and a lot of flexibility
- an interest in MSF's international medical humanitarian work
- experience working inter-departmentally and with counterparts in different countries
- excellent writing and editing skills
For more information: http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/jobview.asp?joid=178647&page=1
Emerald Expositions is hiring a Social Media Manager in West Harrison, NY
- Develop strategic social media plan that augments event marketing plans with the objective of driving registrations by promoting awareness, and driving exhibitor leads by promoting engagement.
- Improve onsite attendee and exhibitor engagement.
- Lead and manage kick-off meetings with key stakeholders to develop a detailed, metrics-based social media marketing plan for every event.
- Work with colleagues to generate compelling content that will increase awareness that will drive attendance to our events/exhibit sales leads.
- Make recommendations about emerging social media platforms, boosted posts, paid ads, etc. designed to further drive attendee and exhibitor engagement
- Collaborate with marketing managers to ensure all promotion via social media is coordinated and consistent.
- Provide high quality and error-free content and post to social media channels. Consistently liaise with colleagues in Marketing and ensure that all communications are coordinated and messages are consistent.
- Explore and introduce digital marketing best practices for content creation, utilizing video, photos, infographics, and measure impact on driving visitors to marketing site.
- Provide analytics to support social media promotions.
- Provide onsite support for all specific events. While on show site, engage with attendees (interviews, photographs) and provide overall event support.
- Establish post event follow-up policies.
- Provide detailed reporting to the VP of marketing post event; discuss successes and updates.
- Collaborative, team player who can fully manage the social media business for NY NOW and ISS).
- Excellent written communication skills gained from PR or Marketing Communications experience.
- Able to effectively communicate with creative problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and able to meet deadlines.
- 5-7 years relevant experience in digital marketing, social media and/or data analytics.
- Experience working with data across multiple social platforms in a corporate or agency role.
- Demonstrated fluency in digital and social media, and familiar with emerging online channels.
- Strong analytic skills a must.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 2+ years’ experience with social media and/or PR in a business to business professional services environment. Events industry experience is an advantage.
- 5-7 years overall marketing experience
- Experience writing/posting social media content that represents a brand
- Prior experience working in the events industry highly preferred.
- Knowledge of the Gift, Home Accent, Lifestyle, Design/Interior Design, Stationery, and/or Fashion Apparel/Accessories Store industries a major plus
For more information: http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/jobview.asp?joid=178768&page=1
Pratt Institute is hiring a Social Media Coordinator in Brooklyn, NY
- Develop, execute, and monitor the Institute’s overall social media strategies, campaigns, and day-to-day activities.
- Draft, update, and enforce appropriate policies and procedures regarding Pratt’s social media program; provide social media support to members of the Pratt community as requested.
- Collaborate with colleagues and faculty to promote ongoing press, editorial, and video efforts across the department as well as broadcast student and faculty accomplishments and institutional news.
- Maintain institutional voice across all social media platforms and adhere to Pratt messaging guidelines.
- Prepare monthly updates bench marking effectiveness of outreach across the Institute’s social media streams and interpret analytics to provide insights.
- Research and respond to all social media inquiries in a timely fashion and serve as an advocate of Pratt in social media spaces.
- Monitor and stay apprised of trends in social media tools, trends, and applications using data to inform and shape future strategies.
- Educate members of the Pratt community about strategic benefits of social media opportunities
- Assist with media relations activities as needed. Attend and assist with social events and public programs as well.
- Perform other related duties and projects as assigned.
- Provide ongoing administrative and editorial support as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Experience with social media, preferably on behalf of an educational or cultural institution, required.
- Blogging, editorial and online marketing experience a plus.
- Must have a track record in delivering timely, accurate work along with demonstrating good follow-through.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (i.e., Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, Vimeo, Pinterest, Tumblr, etc.) and how they can be leveraged to raise Pratt's profile as a leader in higher education and a cultural hub in New York City.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task while working in a fast paced environment, exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills, and ability to prioritize and work independently required.
- Superior written and verbal communications skills and ability to build and maintain relationships essential.
- Must have good technical understanding and ability to pick up new tools quickly; superior time management skills; and strong commitment to adhering to consistent messaging and brand guidelines.
- Must be able to generate ideas and work with minimal guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to be a strong collaborator and team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other offices and departments when necessary.
- Experience with Iconosquare, Hootsuite, and Klout a plus.
- Project management skills also a plus.
For more information: http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/jobview.asp?joid=178789&page=1
- Media Bistro Job Listings (note not all the jobs listed here are social media positions):http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/?c=stnav
- LinkedIn Social Media Job Listings: http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-manager-jobs and http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/j?keywords=socialmedia+manager or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-marketing-jobs or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-strategist-jobs
- CareerBuilder: http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Keyword/Social-Media-Manager/
- Indeed.com: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Social-media
- Simply Hired: http://www.simplyhired.com/k-social-media-jobs.html