Saturday, August 15, 2015
Do you want more Instagram visibility? This article shows you how to build visibility on Instagram and strengthen your community relationships. Check it out here: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/Abjkz13LACbO4PFGKMDufwYjKe2W3hChcBCsJVTOugpqLTKM_3hkgTU/
Are there any articles you think we should share in an upcoming Friday or Saturday post? If so, let me know by leaving a comment on any of the articles below or in response to my tweets.
Friday, August 14, 2015
The pin is described with "Social media is very visual these days. How did this happen? Check out this great infographic. (it's visual!) Social Media Trends: Visual is the new Black."
Check it out here: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/58054282673761087/
The infographic provides a lot of useful, little known facts, like Instagram gets more posts than Twitter a day and that Pinterest is the fourth largest traffic driver world wide.
What facts did you find interesting?
Wednesday, August 12, 2015
Facebook's Call to Action program allows you to create a specialized Call to Action button that will take the user to whatever you want them to do - go to your Amazon page to buy your books, sign up for your newsletter with a link to the newsletter sign up page etc.
While it may seem simple, writing a call to action in your marketing copy is actually essential to getting your readers to do what you want them to do. Yes - they may know that they need to go to your website to buy your book or sign up for the newsletter, but if you don't actually include the text and a link to make it easier for them to do it, chances are they won't be bothered to do so.
If you're not sure what your Call to Action should be, figure out what you're wanting to drive users to on your social media. If you want more interaction, things like "Tell us what you think" and open ended questions are a great way to go about it. If you're wanting them to buy your product or sign up for your newsletter, write your copy accordingly. If you're still unsure, check out other brand's social media pages that are similar to yours and see what they are doing, then emulate it.
Wednesday Words are a series of definitions released on Wednesday each week regarding a word found specific to Facebook's social media platform, or may be a generic word dealing with social media. These definitions are to help provide you with a better understanding of common and uncommon terms associated with Facebook and social media. You can find all the Wednesday Words by clicking on the Wednesday Words tag below.
Tuesday, August 11, 2015
If you were waiting for mobile to arrive before tweaking your site, you've waited too long. Mobile is here to stay with smart phones, tablets, netbooks, laptops and more. Studies have shown that mobile engagement is often higher from mobile devices than traditional desktops and laptops - something to think about.
If your website isn't optimized for mobile - now's the time to fix that. If you can't fix the entire site, perhaps design a mobile friendly site that you can direct your Facebook page to or a landing page that will detect if they are using mobile then send them to the mobile site.
Keeping your site mobile friendly will help you gain and retain users.
With every step you take – think about mobile.
Tuesday Tips are a series of tips released on Tuesday each week regarding a hint or tip to help you manage and market your Facebook presence better. You can find all the Tuesday Tips by clicking on the Tuesday Tips tag below.
Monday, August 10, 2015
Don't worry! Each week (when I have time) I will be featuring 3-5 jobs currently available as of Monday. Additional sites will be linked at the very bottom of the article and listed as sources. Other sites may be listed as well.
Here are this week's job listings I found interesting:
Norwex is hiring a Social Media Manager in Coppell, TX
- Reviewing and updating all social platforms daily
- Maintain active and engaging social presence
- Evaluate social media technologies to assess if new approaches would be applicable
- Write / design content for online initiatives
- Develop and maintain ongoing content and social calendars that are up-to-date and consistent with branding and messaging
- Ensure online content adheres to latest SEO best practices
- Utilize and react to all social platform statistics on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Grow our presence through social media platforms
- Ensure brand and identity are represented according to Norwex policies
- Research topics for compelling, education-entertainment content
- Create design mock-ups
- Write and proofread original content
- Degree in Marketing, Social Media or other relevant degree and/or experience
- 3-5 years of experience working with Social Media on behalf of a company, displaying an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms, their respective participants and how to effectively use each platform
- 1-2 years of graphic design experience
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills in English.
- Experience in video editing and communication with an audience through video a plus
- Demonstrates winning Social Customer Service techniques. Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues
- Maintains a working knowledge of SEO principles including keyword research. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social"
- Applicant must have strong organizational, project management and planning skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
Analytic Recruiting is hiring a Social Media Strategist Manager in Washington, D.C.
Manager with experience in digital media planning and buying including experience with social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google etc. sought by leading financial services company to provide leadership for paid efforts in Social Media and work with agency partners and internal stakeholders clients and deliver effective paid media opportunities on social platforms
- Bachelors Degree with Masters preferred
- 4 + years of media planning and buying work experience preferably working at a digital media planning agency
- Experience in Social marketing in channels like Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Google platforms.
- 3 years of experience in digital and social media marketing channels
- At least 2 years of experience managing budgets
Holiday Inn Express is hiring a Social Media Manager in Indianapolis, IN
- Curate relevant content to reach the company’s ideal customers.For
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales.
- Conduct online advocacy and open stream for cross-promotions.
- Develop and expand community and/or blogger outreach efforts.
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, and blog).
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns.
- Compile report for management showing results (ROI).
- Become an advocate for the Company in Social Media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Demonstrate ability to map out marketing strategy and then drive that strategy proven by testing and metrics.
- Develop a strategy and implement a proactive process for capturing customer online reviews. Monitor online ratings and respond accordingly.
- Monitor trends in Social Media tools, applications, channels, design and strategy.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user generated content surrounding the business. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising the Social Media campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (best practices) for measuring the impact of Social Media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing. Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in Social Media. (Give links to profiles as examples).
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application. Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Google+Local, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
- Enjoys a working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to the Company’s field.
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Exceeds at building and maintaining sales relationships, online and off.
- Is a Team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. (ie: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
- Makes evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social”.
- Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress.
- Demonstrates winning Social Customer Service techniques. Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
- Media Bistro Job Listings (note not all the jobs listed here are social media positions):http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/?c=stnav
- LinkedIn Social Media Job Listings: http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-manager-jobs and http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/j?keywords=socialmedia+manager or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-marketing-jobs or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-strategist-jobs
- CareerBuilder: http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Keyword/Social-Media-Manager/
- Indeed.com: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Social-media
- Simply Hired: http://www.simplyhired.com/k-social-media-jobs.html