Today's article share was found on Pinterest with this fun description: "Running a business? Want to boost sales? You need a social media marketing strategy! Here is how to start an effective social media marketing strategy."
Seeing as I've mentioned social media marketing planning and strategy a few times this past month, I figured this would be a good article to share.
You can find it on Pinterest here: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/275775177159910243/
Or on the original website, here: http://www.twelveskip.com/marketing/social-media/1414/start-social-media-marketing-strategy
Have a great Friday!
Friday, October 9, 2015
Wednesday, October 7, 2015
Today's word is Pin.
A pin is any image used to mark a website on Pinterest. You PIN the image to denote the article with a brief description. These pins can then be referred back to later on for something you're looking for or wanting to do.
Items are pinned to a Pinterest Board. You select which board you want to pin it to when you decide to Pin it.
Wednesday Words are a series of definitions released on Wednesday each week regarding a word found specific to Facebook's social media platform, or may be a generic word dealing with social media. These definitions are to help provide you with a better understanding of common and uncommon terms associated with Facebook and social media. You can find all the Wednesday Words by clicking on the Wednesday Words tag below.
Tuesday, October 6, 2015
We’ve talked about auditing your Facebook page in the past, but it’s probably time to talk about that again.
Have you recently checked, say in the last three to six months, to see if all the information on your Facebook page is current and accurate? If you haven’t, here are some areas to check:
1. Review About box and about page
The about box on the main page of your website tells your fans and potential fans about you. It includes a brief description as well as a link to your website. Make sure all of the information is current and the link points where you want it to go.
The about page contains a lot more detailed information, as seen below. Verify and update all of the information or remove information you don’t want to appear there.
2. Add your call to action
The call to action feature was added, if I remember correctly, in the last six months. If you haven’t taken time to set this up, now is a great time to do it.
3. Review scheduled posts or schedule posts for the upcoming months.
If you have posts scheduled, make sure they are still aligned with the direction you are going with your social media plan. It’s also a good time to schedule future posts, especially holiday well wishes, notifications of hour changes, sales or other information that may come up during the next few months.
Milestones are a great way to show achievements. It can be something as simple as a number of likes achieved, 5-year anniversary, 10-year anniversary, $1,000,000 in sales or anything you come up with. People like seeing the milestones made by companies they follow.
5. Set a featured video
If you chose to set a featured video, it will appear at the top of your About box on your main page. Adding a featured video is pretty easy. Simply select a video from your uploaded video, or upload a video, then you have an option to add it as a featured video.
Be sure to add a description to your Featured video that way people know what it's about when they go to watch it.
Tuesday Tips are a series of tips released on Tuesday each week regarding a hint or tip to help you manage and market your social media presence better. You can find all the Tuesday Tips by clicking on the Tuesday Tips tag below.
Monday, October 5, 2015
Don't worry! Each week (when I have time) I will be featuring 3-5 jobs currently available as of Monday. Additional sites will be linked at the very bottom of the article and listed as sources. Other sites may be listed as well.
Here are this week's job listings I found interesting:
Banjo is hiring a Social Media and News Curator in Las Vegas
- Use our unique technology to validate, distribute and promote breaking news events at top speed to journalists and editorial teams
- Sort and curate collections of social media posts into cohesive, linear stories
- Curate social content for upcoming events, like sports, music, festivals, fashion and more
- Research and fact checking quickly
- Bachelor’s Degree (Journalism or Communications focus a plus)
- Minimum of 1 year of experience thriving on a fast-paced team
- You have a passion for current events, specifically in social media and news (while we don’t expect you to have 5000+ followers on Twitter, we do expect you to have a social media presence)
- You are extremely organized with great attention to detail, and have an amazing ability to prioritize while accurately completing tasks
- You are a fast learner and a creative thinker
- You thrive on competition and exceed expectations
- You have outstanding written and verbal communication
- You have a positive and proactive attitude
- You can think quickly and operate with a sense of urgency at all times
- You are technically savvy and have a solid understanding of Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- ***YOU MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A BACKGROUND CHECK AND OBTAIN A SECURITY CLEARANCE***
New You Media is hiring a Social Media Editor in Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Follow trending news from multiple media outlets and report with the New You team members in a timely manner
- Daily monitoring of social events, cultural milestones, live coverages, etc. and collaborate with the editorial and marketing teams to develop the social media strategy
- Build an audience, generate traffic, and engage followers through all social media channels Source images and artwork, and commissioning photographers
- Monitor and respond to social conversation as it pertains to industry relevancy
- Prepare status reports regularly on social media analytics, posts, and campaigns
- Communicate with team members to assist in the implementation and strategies to promote new social media content
- Bachelor's degree required; Majors in English, Journalism, Mass Communication or related field of study preferred
- Must have extensive experience with multiple social platforms including: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Pinterest, Google+, YouTube, Vine, Periscope, and a Social Media Management Software, preferably Sprout Social or Hootsuite
- Excellent writing and reporting skills with the ability to accurately and quickly produce web content
- Must be computer literate with experience using Microsoft Office and possess knowledge of blogging and CMS platforms (Tumblr, WordPress, etc.)
- Time management and project management skills are necessary with the ability to prioritize and de-prioritize on a daily basis
- Strong communicator with exceptional organizational skills needed
Foundation for Defense of Democracies is hiring a Social and Digital Media Specialist in Washington D.C.
Social and digital media are essential to the dissemination of FDD’s research and strategic mission. The specialist plays an integral role in achieving organizational objectives across multiple platforms by creating engaging content optimized for online audiences.
The production of visual and written material helps extend the reach of FDD experts and their work and helps to drive the conversation in innovative ways.
The specialist position also focuses on front and back end management of FDD’s website, working closely with the director of communications to coordinate and prioritize short-term and long-term web projects in accordance with organizational needs.
- Ayear or more of professional experience working on a communications team, focusing on social media
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud programs
- Video / Photo editing
- Knowledge of social analytics tools
- Experience working with CMS / HTML
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills / positive attitude
- Bachelor’s degree required. Interests in communications and international studies are a plus
- Media Bistro Job Listings (note not all the jobs listed here are social media positions):http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/?c=stnav
- LinkedIn Social Media Job Listings: http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-manager-jobs and http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/j?keywords=socialmedia+manager or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-marketing-jobs or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-strategist-jobs
- CareerBuilder: http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Keyword/Social-Media-Manager/
- Indeed.com: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Social-media
- Simply Hired: http://www.simplyhired.com/k-social-media-jobs.html