Friday, March 6, 2015
The article, posted by MavSocial, talks about the growth of online users watching and using videos and the speculation that the number of online video users will double to 1.5 billion by 2016. They also predict that online video traffic will account for 55% of all consumer internet traffic.
Instagram is playing a part of this as companies that can't afford expensive TV commercials are turning to Instagram with short video productions.
The article then goes on to outline what types of videos companies with a small video marketing budget can make and remind people that the videos can be shared to Facebook. I'd like to note they can be shared on Twitter and other social media platforms as well.
Check out the article here: http://mavsocial.com/leveraging-instagram-videos-for-social-media-success/
Wednesday, March 4, 2015
Sprout Social is a social media management program similar to HootSuite which allows social media teams to update, post, schedule, and respond via a number of social media platforms. Unlike HootSuite, there is no free account option available, so you must pay for Sprout Social.
Sprout Social has been gaining in use and I've heard more and more folks involved in Social Media Marketing talk about how Sprout Social helps them manage their social media branding and marketing better.
Sprout Social, Inc., was founded in April 2010 and the program launched in November 2011. As of November 2012, Sprout Social reported having more than 10,000 paying customers.
The unique feature of Sprout Social is that it features a unified “Smart Inbox” which contains all incoming messages from all linked up social media accounts, allowing for ease of use in replying. The platform works with Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn and Twitter.
You can connect with Sprout Social, or learn more about them here:
Wednesday Words are a series of definitions released on Wednesday each week regarding a word found specific to Facebook's social media platform, or may be a generic word dealing with social media. These definitions are to help provide you with a better understanding of common and uncommon terms associated with Facebook and social media. You can find all the Wednesday Words by clicking on the Wednesday Words tag below.
Tuesday, March 3, 2015
There are a number of ways to do this, from contests that they are only able to enter after liking your page, to a special app that gives them a coupon code after they like the page. There are several options available and a little research via Facebook support or Google should turn up a plethora of apps advice and suggestions.
I'm steering away from recommending any apps because 1) I don't use any of them myself as my pages don't have anything to sell to offer promotions 2) I'm trying to remain unbiased and by recommending an app makes me biased.
All of that said, consider some offerings for your followers and try it out. It might bring you more fans and more sales.
Tuesday Tips are a series of tips released on Tuesday each week regarding a hint or tip to help you manage and market your Facebook presence better. You can find all the Tuesday Tips by clicking on the Tuesday Tips tag below.
Monday, March 2, 2015
Don't worry! Each week (when I have time) I will be featuring 3-5 jobs currently available as of Monday. Additional sites will be linked at the very bottom of the article and listed as sources. Other sites may be listed as well.
I got a little behind on getting this written so instead of putting the description with the jobs, I'm just linking a number of jobs for you to check out.
Here are this week's job listings I found interesting:
- Avalere Health is hiring a Traditional and Social Media Senior Writer in Washington, D.C.
- Bose Corporation is hiring a Senior Level Global Social Media Manager in Boston
- Reingold, Inc., is hiring a Social Media Associate in Alexandria, VA
- Reingold, Inc., is hiring a Senior Social Media Associate in Alexandria, VA
- Verisk Analytics is hiring a Manager of Digital Strategy/Social Media in Jersey City, NJ
- Skirt Public Relations is hiring a Social Media Manager in Chicago
- U-Haul is hiring a Social Media/Content Strategist in Phoenix
- Spencer Gifts is hiring a Social Media Manager in Egg Harbor Township, NJ
- Esurance Inc., is hiring a Social Media Manager in San Francisco
- Kraft Foods is hiring a Bilingual Social Media Associate Manager in Chicago
- Media Bistro Job Listings (note not all the jobs listed here are social media positions):http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/?c=stnav
- LinkedIn Social Media Job Listings: http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-manager-jobs and http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/j?keywords=socialmedia+manager or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-marketing-jobs or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-strategist-jobs
- CareerBuilder: http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Keyword/Social-Media-Manager/
- Indeed.com: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Social-media
- Simply Hired: http://www.simplyhired.com/k-social-media-jobs.html