As mentioned in yesterday's Wednesday Words, we will not have an article today due to the holiday. We hope everyone is enjoying time off, if they are fortunate enough to not be working, and having a fun and enjoyable holiday season.
I look forward to the new year with lots of new articles and answering any questions you may have.
Happy New Year!
Thursday, January 1, 2015
Wednesday, December 31, 2014
Keep in mind, companies often have different expectations of what they want their social media manager to do - including marketing at times. Be sure to read what the responsibilities of the job are before applying as different companies do expect different things - for example some may require you to be on Reddit or Tumblr a lot as part of the job, others may only require Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest.
Happy New Year! We will be skipping Thursday Tutorials this week because of the holiday. Enjoy the time off, if you have it.
Wednesday Words are a series of definitions released on Wednesday each week regarding a word found specific to Facebook's social media platform, or may be a generic word dealing with social media. These definitions are to help provide you with a better understanding of common and uncommon terms associated with Facebook and social media. You can find all the Wednesday Words by clicking on the Wednesday Words tag below.
Tuesday, December 30, 2014
The important thing to remember is that likes, follows, etc., start small and slowly spread. Don't be shy about sharing a link to your social media accounts on your personal Facebook and LinkedIn walls and asking people to like and share it. Don't be shy about inviting everyone on Facebook that you think would be interested in the page. And don't be shy about emailing invites either. A great way to let people know your business can be found on social media is to add it to the signature of your email as another way to connect with you.
While you can track your statistics for any time period, starting with the new year will give you an easy launch date to remember and measure the year's progress by. It also gives you an opportunity to start with a fresh social media plan for the new year. The new year is only a few days away. If you can't hit the Jan. 1 deadline, target it for sometime in the month of January. And keep in mind - plans need to be flexible and changing.
Best of luck and Happy New Year to everyone!
Tuesday Tips are a series of tips released on Tuesday each week regarding a hint or tip to help you manage and market your Facebook presence better. You can find all the Tuesday Tips by clicking on the Tuesday Tips tag below.
Monday, December 29, 2014
Don't worry! Each week (when I have time) I will be featuring 3-5 jobs currently available as of Monday. Additional sites will be linked at the very bottom of the article and listed as sources. Other sites may be listed as well.
Here are this week's job listings I found interesting:
Loma Linda University is hiring a Coordinator-Social Media in Loma Linda, CA
This position will support LLUHS`s strategic plan and the organization`s mission to continue the teaching and healing ministry of Jesus Christ, while embracing the core values of Compassion, Integrity, Excellence, Teamwork, and Wholeness. The LLUH Social Media Coordinator will help our organization coordinate, moderate and inspire communications through the use of social media tools and applications and encourage the exchange of user-generated content. This position will serve as a conduit between the LLUH organization and our online target audiences. The Coordinator manages social media elements to foster interaction, education, engagement and discussion regarding university and health system offerings and activities through the use of online communities and ensures that this activity supports LLUH strategic communications goals. The Social Media Coordinator will manage and enhance our social media efforts on Facebook, Twitter, blogs and other social media channels. Social media is always changing, and the Social Media Coordinator will need to fluently know the tools of today, but also be apprised of the evolving social media landscape and be a leader in the organization for social media into the future. The ideal candidate is a high-energy, social media maven and blogger with the desire to coordinate and expand our presence through various channels. The Social Media Coordinator will report directly to the Director-Web Shared Resources. Performs other duties as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in IT and/or Business or related field required. Minimum three years of experience in journalism and digital or communications required. Minimum one year participatory expertise in social media channels required. Minimum seven years of experience in journalism and digital or communications will be accepted in lieu of Bachelor’s degree. Able to work off hours and weekends as necessary. Understands the social media universe including Facebook, YouTube, Foursquare, Pinterest, Bookmarking sites (i.e., StumbleUpon, Delicious, Digg, Reddit), Flickr, Forums, Twitter, Wikis, blogs, etc. Demonstrates the ability to understand a communication strategy, map out a complimentary social media strategy and produce results. Understands what it means to shoulder the communication of a brand. Knowledge of search engine optimization basics including basic keyword research. Must be an experienced blogger as well as familiar with social media moderation/conversation. Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in social media including extensive experience and proven success with audience engagement on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. Able to demonstrate strong communication, writing and editing skills. Able to take charge of all facets of execution; communicate effectively between various internal teams; work as a team player with a desire to interact with others; work individually on a project or in a team environment; demonstrate a positive attitude and openness to developing new expertise and taking on new challenges. Able to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously; be highly organized; use discretion to identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content; thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-based, ever-changing environment; demonstrate excellent organizational and time management skills. Able to distinguish colors as necessary; write, hear, read and speak sufficiently for general conversation in person and on the telephone; identify and distinguish various sounds associated with workplace; see adequately to read computer screens and written documents necessary to the position.
For more information: https://www.healthcaresource.com/lomalinda/index.cfm?fuseaction=search.jobDetails&template=dsp_job_details.cfm&cJobId=934987&utm_source=SimplyHired&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=SimplyHired&source=simplyhired
Music Artists is seeking a Social Media Coordinator in Los Angeles
There isn't much information available for this job unless you sign up with your resume. The vague description of the job is as follows:
Looking for someone who is young and passionate about social media. This job would require working directly with (music) artists about executing big vision plans by posting content, curating content, and following trends and metrics for the results. Ideally, looking to work with someone who brings creative "BIG" ideas to the table with the work ethic to get things done in a supportive environment. This is a great foot in the door to the music business and if the fit is right, it could turn into a paid position.
For more information: http://www.4entertainmentjobs.com/jobs/112552?utm_medium=cpcLA&rx_medium=cpc&rx_source=simplyhired&rx_campaign=simplyhired15
Brigade Marketing is hiring a Social Media Manager in New York City
- Oversee and execute the day-to-day management and execution of social media and branding campaigns (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, as well as other newly emerging platforms).
- Collaborate with the Director of Social Media to craft overarching strategies and goals.
- Managing a team to provide work in line with the client’s vision; directing pertinent research and insight into trends pertinent to the campaign and beyond.
- Liaising with Creative team to bring the client’s vision to life.
- Deep understanding of the entertainment space from a social media perspective.
- Ongoing communication with client involving campaign status, strategies, and tactics.
- Drafting campaign strategies, proposals and concepts.
- Responsible for overseeing weekly campaign and status reports.
- Track and engage online discussions and buzz surrounding brand – including social media environments and message boards.
- 3-4 years’ experience managing social media campaigns for brands.
- Experience working on a brand is a plus. Familiarity with the entertainment space is also a plus.
- Growing brands and expanding their presence/footprint.
- Able to identify new areas of growth, new potential audiences, and new platforms with which to expand the brand.
- Able to make larger recommendations to client on content, strategy and tactics.
- A self-starter mentality with a solid sense of judgment.
- Proactive, detail-oriented, and extremely organized.
- Adherent to deadlines and follow-through.
- A skilled team player who can handle multiple tasks at once.
- Excellent client & project management skills.
- Creative thinker who can develop innovative ideas/strategies.
- Comfortable working in PowerPoint, Excel, as well as establishing campaign profiles in the various social media platforms.
- Media Bistro Job Listings (note not all the jobs listed here are social media positions):http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/?c=stnav
- LinkedIn Social Media Job Listings: http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-manager-jobs and http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/j?keywords=socialmedia+manager or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-marketing-jobs or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-strategist-jobs
- CareerBuilder: http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Keyword/Social-Media-Manager/
- Indeed.com: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Social-media
- Simply Hired: http://www.simplyhired.com/k-social-media-jobs.html