Wednesday, November 4, 2015
A great example - instead of me writing this post, I could do a video about vlogging and just link to it - but as I hate being on camera and much prefer video editing and being behind the camera, it's not likely you will find me Vlogging, though I do often do video chats related to gaming (not social media).
There are advantages and disadvantages to Vlogging. Like Blogging, it takes time and energy to build a following. Vlogging also requires you to look good and edit your video before posting it, while writing it may be quicker. While it still requires editing, it can happen quicker since you don't have to process video.
There are many types of blogging and you don't have to limit yourself to just one. See which one or ones work for you.
Wednesday Words are a series of definitions released on Wednesday each week regarding a word found specific to Facebook's social media platform, or may be a generic word dealing with social media. These definitions are to help provide you with a better understanding of common and uncommon terms associated with Facebook and social media. You can find all the Wednesday Words by clicking on the Wednesday Words tag below.
Tuesday, November 3, 2015
What used to be Twitter's favorite and star icon to favorite items has changed to like and a heart icon instead. See the screenshot below for reference.
Tuesday Tips are a series of tips released on Tuesday each week regarding a hint or tip to help you manage and market your social media presence better. You can find all the Tuesday Tips by clicking on the Tuesday Tips tag below.
Monday, November 2, 2015
Don't worry! Each week (when I have time) I will be featuring 3-5 jobs currently available as of Monday. Additional sites will be linked at the very bottom of the article and listed as sources. Other sites may be listed as well.
Here are this week's job listings I found interesting:
Brigade is hiring a Social Analytics Coordinator in New York, New York
- Providing the Social Media Team with support on all social media campaigns.
- Responsible for weekly campaign status reports and buzz monitoring reports.
- Conducting and compiling research about the social media space, as well as research related to the development and execution of specific campaigns.
- Ability to track online discussions and buzz surrounding campaigns – including various social media environments and online forums.
- Ability to identify trends and optimize content based on performance.
- 0-1 Year of Analytics Experience within Social Media Marketing/Digital Marketing.
- A self-starter mentality with a solid sense of judgment.
- A skilled team player who can handle multiple tasks at once.
- Proactive, detail-oriented, and extremely organized.
- Adherent to deadlines and follow-through.
- Strong proficiency and comfort level with numbers and analysis, being able to spot trends and draw conclusions from a myriad of data sets.
- Creative thinker who can contribute ideas and collaborate on strategies for campaigns.
- Strong proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office tools.
- Preferred but not required: Experience in Social Tracking dashboards and monitoring tools (HootSuite, Tweetdeck, Sysomos, etc.)
A Healthcare Company is seeking a Social Media Specialist in Santa Monica, California
We're looking for a rockstar social media specialist who's eager to learn the ins and outs of comprehensive social media campaigns. This opportunity requires the ability to coordinate, research, and create social media content, while assisting in the management of social media activities for multiple online platforms. Beyond a talent for writing, the successful candidate will exude passion, talent, and a driving desire for excellence in all they do.
The social media specialist will work closely with the social media team to help communicate our message through a variety of social media outlets. Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in content creation, production, posting, and online conversations across multiple social networking platforms
- Creating and managing social media editorial calendars to drive activity around key messaging
- Regularly reporting insights gained from social media monitoring tools
- Supporting social media team in ideation and implementation of campaign strategies, project descriptions, schedules, and estimates
- Identifying partnership, collaboration, and co-marketing opportunities in social media that extend reach and credibility
- Actively engaging with online communities via social networks, including responses to inquiries, encouragement/support and conversational engagement to promote corporate messaging and increase brand awareness
- Cultivating consistent, ongoing relationships with key influencers within the addiction treatment and recovery space
- Identifying and recommending relevant content that is actively being discussed online and/or is relevant to core audience
- 1-2 years professional experience w/ Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, G+
- Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, PR, or other related field
- Knowledge of social media management & analytics tools such as SproutSocial, Buffer, Hootsuite, SocialBro, TweetDeck, Followerwonk, Facebook Insights, Twitter Analytics, Pinterest Analytics, etc.
- Experience with social media design tools such as Canva, PicMonkey, Pagemodo, Piktochart, Infogr.am, etc.
- Bonus: experience in professional writing and/or copy editing
- Extra Bonus: experience or an interest in addiction/mental health awareness
Future US, Inc., is hiring a Social Media Editor in S. San Francisco, California
If technology and social media had a baby, it would be this job. You'll capture the world’s attention by promoting tech-focused features, stories, events, entertainment, press coverage, etc. and why it matters essentially driving, managing, and lifting TechRadar’s online reach. Using analytics to sift through trends, relevant stories, and untapped opportunities is the primary you develop content. But you’ll have your finger on the pulse of the big events happening across everything from gaming to movies, from television to the front pages and be able to curate the biggest global stories for an audience that loves tech.
Part of the Future US, Inc.’s family of brands, TechRadar is becoming the US’s biggest technology site and already the biggest technology site in the UK. Total reach is 20+ million people every month across the globe. Future holds market-leading positions in Technology, Gaming, Music, and the Creative sectors making it a truly fun place to work where we are trusted by our users and determined not to let them down. We’re unafraid to take risks for the right opportunity.
- You’re a technology guru and ready to promote all-things technology to the world
- You already have a strong social media presence
- You've got 3+ years of related experience
- You understand tech, know how it moves, and know how to package/promote stories on FB
- You use Google Analytics to help inform content creation and promotion
- You're a superuser of photoshop or other design software
- You know all about using social media to drive website traffic and promote content
- You’re passionate and adventurous for new content formats, platforms and methods for story-telling and can align brand objectives
- Media Bistro Job Listings (note not all the jobs listed here are social media positions):http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/?c=stnav
- LinkedIn Social Media Job Listings: http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-manager-jobs and http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/j?keywords=socialmedia+manager or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-marketing-jobs or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-strategist-jobs
- CareerBuilder: http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Keyword/Social-Media-Manager/
- Indeed.com: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Social-media
- Simply Hired: http://www.simplyhired.com/k-social-media-jobs.html