Wednesday, August 20, 2014
SlideShare is a social network for sharing presentations and documents publicly or privately online. These presentations can be favorited or even embedded in websites. They can also be shared on other social networks.
SlideShare is great because anyone can view the slides (if their browser and software is up to date) and there is no need to have a program like PowerPoint to view them.
If you want to learn more about SlideShare and how to use it, click here.
Wednesday Words are a series of definitions released on Wednesday each week regarding a word found specific to Facebook's social media platform, or may be a generic word dealing with social media. These definitions are to help provide you with a better understanding of common and uncommon terms associated with Facebook and social media. You can find all the Wednesday Words by clicking on the Wednesday Words tag below.
Tuesday, August 19, 2014
Big hint: it's no good if you aren't communicating with them.
Once a month, or so, you should send an LinkedIn email to those folks who may find something your business is offering useful to them. Tell them about a project your company has going on, perhaps a promotional deal, etc. And be sure to respond to anyone who responds with questions. Sending emails is a great way to generate leads and potential sales. Even though LinkedIn only allows you to send 50 emails at a time, it may be worth the effort to try to drum up some business by sending out a simple email to your connections.
The worst any of them could do is not respond or say no.
Tuesday Tips are a series of tips released on Tuesday each week regarding a hint or tip to help you manage and market your Facebook presence better. You can find all the Tuesday Tips by clicking on the Tuesday Tips tag below.
Monday, August 18, 2014
Don't worry! Each week (when I have time) I will be featuring 3-5 jobs currently available as of Monday. Additional sites will be linked at the very bottom of the article and listed as sources. Other sites may be listed as well.
Achieveglobal is hiring a Social Media Coordinator in Tampa, FL.
- Writing social media optimized posts that provide exceptional content for the reader
- Inform customers/prospects of our products in a contextual way, engaging on an emotional, human level
- Demonstrate outstanding, error-free written communication skills, including the ability to master a variety of brand voices.
- Schedule social posts to coincide with weekly/monthly campaigns and initiatives, new product launches and industry announcements
- Moderate social platforms to encourage conversation, remove spam content, respond to reader questions and assist with customer service questions in a real-time fashion.
- Stay up to date on social platform developments and updates that occur often and without notice, such as Facebook algorithm changes as well as functionality updates on LinkedIn, Twitter, and others.
- Analyze social media engagement metrics, such as new user growth, fan likes, comments and shares, and report these numbers on a weekly basis
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales
- Develop and expand community and/or blogger outreach efforts
- Collaborate with our graphic designer to build social media assets (i.e.: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Google+, YouTube, LinkedIn, Twitter profile, and blog).
- Extremely familiar with best practices of LinkedIn
- Compile reports for management showing results (ROI)
- 1-2 years of Social Media experience, in a B2B environment preferred
- BA in Marketing, Communications, or Journalism
- Excellent writing, language, and communication skills
- A team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary.
- Makes evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social”.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms and their respective participants and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
For more information: http://pcdcareers.com/united-states/other/social-media-coordinator-jobs?apstr=%26jobboardid%3D1184&ss=paid
Shyp is hiring a Social Media Manager in San Francisco.
The Social Media Manager will be tasked with developing and executing an integrated social strategy across multiple platforms to drive brand awareness, customer retention, and engagement for Shyp. You must be able to think outside the box to produce creative, original content, as well as use data to apply actionable next steps for Shyp’s online presence. You should have experience running best-in-class social media campaigns, understand the rapidly changing social media landscape, and will have a vision for success.
- Contribute to the development of the Shyp social media strategy and execute the strategy
- Develop engaging content for each social channel that supports company objectives
- Develop robust, integrated social strategies for fan acquisition and retention
- Develop and optimize paid social media campaigns for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, the company blog and other emerging social media platforms.
- Create, organize and manage social media editorial calendar
- Define and track KPIs for social media strategy
- Help establish a consistent voice for the Shyp brand on social media
- Facilitate collaboration with various teams and departments to address social media needs and requests
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- History of demonstrating results via data-driven marketing campaigns
- Outstanding organizational, prioritization and time management skills
- Solid writing background; experience blogging and/or editing (grammar buffs wanted)
- Knowledge of SEM and online advertising is a big plus!
For more information: http://shyp.workable.com/jobs/15408
Samsung Electronics America, Inc. is seeking a Social Media Manager.
- Create and curate Samsung brand content that tells the Samsung Story in ways that are as compelling and innovative as our products
- Oversee design of premium assets for social media
- Maximize social reach and effectiveness with an optimized communication strategy
- Execute and evolve community and social media influence outreach efforts, such as the Samsung Blogger Lounge at SXSW
- Listen to and engage with our consumers through our social communities
- Act as an advocate for Samsung at relevant conferences and events
- Monitor social media conversations while participating in reputation management
- Ensure that all Samsung social postings conform to established policies and guidelines
- Use analytic to optimize posting performance and drive community engagement and conversion
- Analyze Paid, Owned and Earned performance for social brand campaigns
- Monitor trends in the social media ecosystem and raise opportunities to evolve the platform
- Derive insights from social listening tools that inform future marketing efforts
- Demonstrated passion for social media (please provide profile links)
- Excellent creative and analytic skills with the ability to use both interchangeably
- Charismatic with excellent communication and writing skills
- Enthusiasm for technology products with strong understanding of trends in the consumer electronic industry
- Ability to work within a deadline-oriented and fast paced team environment, while also assuming leadership when appropriate
- Strong organizational skills
- Good technical skills with the ability to pick up new tools and ideas quickly
- Experience managing agency relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or related business discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in an interactive field required, specific experience in implementing social strategy, managing an online community, acting as a brand advocate.
For more information: http://www.careerbuilder.com/jobseeker/jobs/jobdetails.aspx?sc_cmp1=js_jrp_jobclick&APath=188.8.131.52.0&job_did=JB73FL6S836H7YNHPYC&showNewJDP=yes&IPath=JRKV0E
- Media Bistro Job Listings (note not all the jobs listed here are social media positions):http://www.mediabistro.com/alltwitter-jobs/?c=stnav
- LinkedIn Social Media Job Listings: http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-manager-jobs and http://www.linkedin.com/vsearch/j?keywords=socialmedia+manager or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-marketing-jobs or http://www.linkedin.com/job/q-social-media-strategist-jobs
- CareerBuilder: http://www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Keyword/Social-Media-Manager/
- Indeed.com: http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=Social-media
- Simply Hired: http://www.simplyhired.com/k-social-media-jobs.html