Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Tuesday Tips: Take Advantage of Twitter Lists

If you aren't already familiar with Twitter Lists, perhaps you should be.

Twitter users can create, follow lists you or others have created, subscribe to lists or check Twitter Lists as you go about your day.  Twitter lists are used to create an easy way to find people and posts of similar interests.  If you are added to a list, you will get a Twitter notification that you've been added to someone's list along with who's list it is and what the list was for.

Personally, I've been added to Gaming, Ultima Online and Social Media Marketing lists because of the variety of things I post about.

Later this week, we'll have a Thursday Tutorial for how to create lists for yourself.

But I'm sure you're asking: what are lists for?

Well other than allowing you to easily follow postings on various topics, it allows you to easily find said posts and retweet them.  As you may recall, I strongly encourage folks to not only tweet, but retweet posts that would be of interest not only to you, but to your followers.  For example, I often retweet posts about social media when I find some that I think people who follow me would find useful - even if I don't necessarily follow the person who posted it - lists help with that.

If you haven't tried lists yet, there's no better time than now.  Good luck!

Tuesday Tips are a series of tips released on Tuesday each week regarding a hint or tip to help you manage and market your Facebook presence better.  You can find all the Tuesday Tips by clicking on the Tuesday Tips tag below.

No comments:

Post a Comment