Friday, January 30, 2015

Social Media Marketing: Tips and Hints All Time Blog Stats

I'm one of those weird people that like looking at stats and seeing what posts have been the most popular in the last year. This helps me get an idea of what people are interested in reading about, but also tells me what I did right (perhaps) in marketing those pieces. Since I launched the blog in Nov. 2013 and it's now Jan. 2015, I figured it would be a good time to look at the five most popular posts between then and now.

The most popular post, beating the next most popular post by 69 hits, was "Tuesday Tips: Spell Check Before You Post".  This post had a total of 167 hits as of Jan. 28, 2015.  It was published July 8, 2014, and, honestly, just gave a common sense tip - to spell check before you post so you don't make a bad impression on your fans. As I recall, it was a pretty heavily retweeted post, which kinda mystifies me.

The next most popular post was "Wednesday Words: Social Lead Generation" and had a total of 98 hits thus far.  It was published July 2, six days before the above post was posted.

The third most popular post was a post I posted this year on Jan. 17 - "Saturday Sharing: 10 Steps to Creating a Winning Social Media Strategy."  I think I can attribute this to the SEO - especially the fact Social Media Strategy is in the title.  Still, it's pretty impressive to see this post has 81 views in the 11 days since it was posted.  At this rate, in a year it should still be in the Top 5 posts on the site.

The fourth most popular post was another "Tuesday Tips: Gain More Followers" which had 72 hits and was posted May 20, 2014.  I can understand why this one was popular - many people and brands want to know how to gain more followers on Twitter as well as other social media.

The fifth, and final, most popular post was one "The Monday Search: Job Listings Current as of 12/29/14".  While the job search/job posting posts are the most popular on a weekly basis, it was pretty surprising to see this one rise into the top 5 - and stay in the top 10 for the past few weeks - with a total of 60 views thus far.  This one I am a bit confused on.  I'm not sure what made it more popular than any of the other Job Listings, which average around 30ish hits total.

I look forward to looking back in six months and a year from now to see what's at the top, what's replaced what and what's trending then.

No comments:

Post a Comment