Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Tuesday Tips: How to Learn More About Facebook Changes

Today's post is going to be short and sweet and full of links.

I've seen many questions on pages and in groups about the changes to Facebook pages and such and how it will affect them.  There's also been a lot of questions about privacy and copyright etc. (Pro-tip, copying and pasting the Copyright statement I've seen so many people doing is pointless.  It doesn't protect you, doesn't protect your images, doesn't copyright your stuff you post to you. You agreed to Facebook's Terms of Service when you signed up for the service so that statement means absolutely nothing).

A lot of things being posted on Facebook are partial truths, based in part off of Facebook's posts, but not the literal interpretation of them.  So, for people who are looking to read and interpret on their own what Facebook is doing, I am providing the following links:

Key websites for all Facebook policies:


As part of next week's tips, I will be providing links to articles outside of my blog which explains in detail what all of the changes mean - or at least their interpretations of them.  Normally I avoid doing this, but as I am uncertain on the changes and other social media experts seem pretty certain, I'll leave them to do the explaining.

Enjoy!

Tuesday Tips are a series of tips released on Tuesday each week regarding a hint or tip to help you manage and market your Facebook presence better.  You can find all the Tuesday Tips by clicking on the Tuesday Tips tag below.

No comments:

Post a Comment