Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Tuesday Tips: Like Content As Yourself

This might seem like a no-brainer, but it's really something I've tried to explain to owners of pages that I have helped create or maintain and it falls on deaf ears.  The advice: Like your page's content as yourself.

There is a valid reason for this and it's not just to be narcissistic.  Previously we talked about engagement and how user engagement raises the number of people who see your page's content as well as raising the rank of where your content will appear in their news feed.  Each like you give to your content - or even just liking your own page - is an important step in allowing your friends and fan page followers to see your content.

"No one wants to see the owner/admins liking their own stuff."

I've actually had a page admin tell me that before.  So let me get this right - you aren't proud enough of your page to like your own stuff?  Or perhaps you just don't want to be embarrassed that you liked your own content.  It's something you have to get over and past if you want your page to grow.  More and more people are understanding why everyone likes and share their own page's contents - even if their friends like the page.  It helps increase visibility.

"I'll let my other admin do it."

Strange how this thought seems prevalent, yet then the admin are confused when no other admin likes content.  Most admin think the other admin will do it, then it doesn't happen.  Get out of that mindset.  Like your own content and the content of other admins.

"I don't know how to change from my page to my account."

Well, if that's the case, you're in luck.  We'll be covering that this Thursday! And don't worry, it's really easy to do.

Tuesday Tips are a series of tips released on Tuesday each week regarding a hint or tip to help you manage and market your Facebook presence better.  You can find all the Tuesday Tips by clicking on the Tuesday Tips tag below.

No comments:

Post a Comment