Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Wednesday Words: Handle

Today's word is for Twitter and I'm actually surprised I haven't defined this word already (I looked to be certain I didn't).  Today's word is handle.  A handle, on Twitter and other websites even, is the name you choose to represent yourself.  It is, effectively, what appears after the @ in your twitter account.  Mine, for example, is @kayhynn.

Every handle needs to be unique and should be something representing you or your brand.  Kayhynn, for example, is the moniker I used in gaming and other websites for years.  It was available and a unique nickname I made for myself.  I use it to promote all of my work, now both gaming related and non-gaming related, like tweets for this blog and other blogs, as well as my author blog and such.  Other sites that I've created Twitter accounts for, are reflective of their website. For example, SciTechNerds.com is @SciTechNerds.

So if anyone ever asks for your Twitter handle, you now know what to give them or what you need to create if you don't have one.

Being as it's Christmas Eve, there will be no Thursday Tutorial post for tomorrow, which is Christmas Day.  We will have a scheduled Christmas post, but we hope everyone is spending time offline with their friends, family and loved ones.

Merry Christmas.

Wednesday Words are a series of definitions released on Wednesday each week regarding a word found specific to Facebook's social media platform, or may be a generic word dealing with social media. These definitions are to help provide you with a better understanding of common and uncommon terms associated with Facebook and social media. You can find all the Wednesday Words by clicking on the Wednesday Words tag below.

No comments:

Post a Comment