Saturday, November 15, 2014

Saturday Sharing: Reflections

I haven't really talked about this here because it's not really something related to social media, but because of the topic I'm about to talk about today it's pertinent.  There were a lot less posts in October and November than previous posts as well as a lot less promotion of my own material because I've had a lot going on in my real life.

What I haven't mentioned is we're buying a house and are in the process of closing, cleaning and moving.  The big move happens just before Thanksgiving, but that doesn't mean we haven't been busy before that. We've been going through stuff.  Packing. Sorting. Selling.  Donating.  Rinse and repeat. On top of that we have had school stuff going on, craft fairs, filling custom orders (especially the first half of October), writing blogs, NaNoWriMo, and our day jobs.  So often times when it's come down to me just sitting down and writing my blog posts I've been tired or just wanting to vegetate by playing video games - yes I play video games and enjoy the relaxation.  And I also realize that Warlords of Draenor is releasing and I want to play that but i have so many other obligations....so I know i have a lot of planning to do.

Unfortunately what I have noticed for any site I write for, if I don't have the posts written ahead of time, they won't get written and they won't get promoted as quickly and my monthly hits drop - drastically.  I know this is true for anyone, but some times it's hard to accept that.  Thus, this reflection.  Many people don't realize if they don't post regularly, even daily or almost daily, to their website or blogs and promote it, people lose interest and don't come back. You have to do what you can, despite your crazy schedule, to get things posted ahead of time.

I was horrible at this in October because I had two writing jobs due and they killed my ability to write anything else.  And as I will be transitioning back to full time writing again, I anticipate this happening again, but I need to strive to do better.  And I will strive to do better.

All of this being said, I am looking for guest and regular writers for this blog and other sites I own/run.  Please feel free to contact me if you are interested.


No comments:

Post a Comment